Perth, WA. Head-fiers join together and listen
Dec 9, 2004 at 11:46 AM Post #31 of 47
I'm live in Perth to and think a headhone meet would be a great idea. But it seems kinda pointless all of us bringing out headphones and equipment when Snufkin has most of it. However I might be able to bring a friends CD3000.

Dec 10, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #32 of 47
I would assume that Snufkin only has a small number of items inside his store as he just moved in. However who would be intrested in a meet. In that case maybe we can just bring what snufkin doesnt have.

Dec 23, 2004 at 2:38 PM Post #33 of 47
Whatever is listed as "available now" on my website is in stock and available for audition, with one or two exceptions here and there
smily_headphones1.gif
If there's something specific people want to listen to I can probably get one in for the occasion, unless it's a high value item that I can't get locally (Twinhead).

Jan 2, 2005 at 12:28 PM Post #36 of 47
Hey guys a perth head-fi'er here here aswell with the difference being I have some non Snufkin-purchased stock (see my sig), altho I'm being forced to downgrade ASAP. But if this thing goes ahead any time soon I'll be sure to bring my gear along with me.

Cheers
-Jake

Jan 2, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #37 of 47
Snufkin - Can you get the K1000s in to let us have an audition
biggrin.gif

Would anyone be intrested in a meet on a Friday? End of the week is probably best... Or Sunday???

I have NO gear at the moment tho! All sold, as I have moved towards a speaker based setup

Jan 2, 2005 at 5:32 PM Post #38 of 47
K1k is in fact in stock at this time (ordered in for a customer who is happy for me to demo them as long as people take care), as is the L3k. We'll only be able to use the K1k with the OTL32/stock tubes though.

Fridays are best for me, mid-late afternoon is good for me (say 3pm onwards) as we can hang around for a bit after closing time if needed. Earlier will interfere too much with work/customers.

The highest end CD player I have in stock is the Azur 640c, I have my Arcam CD73 but I don't really want to bring it in so if people want a better source they'll have to provide their own, not that there's anything wrong with the 640c
smily_headphones1.gif

The only thing I won't let people test out are canalphones and products in destructable packaging (most of which are low value anyway). For those that do come along I ask that your personal hygiene is up to scratch and you don't put any hair product in - gel/hairspray leaves a residue and just means more cleaning work.

Jan 4, 2005 at 12:45 PM Post #40 of 47
what if we have the moulds for the canal phones?
wink.gif
/me pats his phonak/ety musicians plugs.

im back on the weekend so any time after that is good for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #41 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyskraper
what if we have the moulds for the canal phones?
wink.gif
/me pats his phonak/ety musicians plugs.

No can do, I don't keep earmould adaptors in stock.

Jan 5, 2005 at 10:11 AM Post #42 of 47
ahh well no probs really
smily_headphones1.gif

ill be home friday and available from next week, although ampless for the moment and waiting for my 240s's to arrive (a nice gift from some family friends) .

Mar 15, 2005 at 11:45 AM Post #44 of 47
i was thinking about resurrecting this thread recently but i wanted time to sort out oscillation in my gilmore, havent had time to fix it due to uni and production work
280smile.gif

May 12, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #45 of 47
bumpereth, how would u guys feel about a meet after uni's done? can we fit one in before people go home or on holiday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back