22 slightly expressed intuitive personality
33 moderately expressed feeling personality
33 moderately expressed perceiving personality

pbirkett, the only other self expressed INFP, came in as
moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

But I think the two may not be correlateable as I think that the test has changed. Can people really be honest when taking a test? I think I should have scored higher in the Intuitive catagory.

People change over time. For better, or for worse, but most change.

there is change, but it is over decades, and not over any short period of time. There is high test-retest reliability with the test.

And to the honesty part, some people aren't very honest because they want to appear a certain way. Good tests have it designed into them to check if people are lying in order to be desirable.

As far as I know, the Meyers-briggs doesn't have one in it, but for the purposes that it is used for, it doesn't really need it. If you lie, you are only cheating yourself really.

Mar 20, 2004 at 9:28 AM Post #18 of 31
What I am saying is that some of the questions are opened ended and as such open to subjective interpretation. If it is subject to personal interpretation, is one being untrue to oneself?

You are more a listener than a speaker What if you are balanced? Does this connote actually speaking or conversing n this forum? Does this mean speaking from a podium?, or just normal conversation? I believe in balanced conversation, otherwise it isn't a conversation, is it?

You prefer to isolate yourself from outside noises Yes and No. I love quiet, live to take nature walks, go where there are few people, worked in a noisey city, but I have no problem sleeping with the windows opened and hearing traffic noises. I used to live 200 feet from a Firestation. The horns blaring never bothered me. Crickets do not bother me. I can't drive inside an enclosed car, I prefer a convertible. If I am concentrating on a problem I will not hear a telephone that isn't mine.

You find it difficult to speak loudly Not when I'm in the city and fighting traffic noise. Or does "loudly" mean being boisterous and mean-mouthed? Does "loudly" connote an emotional element attached? If you are half-deaf, won't you be more prone to shout? I may not find it difficult to speak loudly, but I may conciously choose not to. Or does "loudly" connote a lack of self conciousness of how one is heard by others?

You are easily affected by strong emotions Is that other people's emotions directed at me or my own emotions directed at another? If you keep your emotions under control, you can still be affected, you just chose not to react.

What is "an approximation decision"? a "maybe"? a "maybe" is not a decision, it is a conditional statement. a decision is a yes or a no.

You value justice higher than mercy Is that against someone who has wronged me, or whom I have wronged? Is civil law being discussed? or morality law? What if one believes in a balance? Justice without mercy is brutality, mercy without justice is license.

I retook the test and while the percentages changed the outcome was the same: INFP.

---------------------------------------------------
people can rapidly change if there is a shock to their belief system. supposedly there are still people who have root cellars because of the Great Depression. Both love and war can have dramatic shifts in people's beliefs, what then about divorce and being fired from your job? or being in a car accident? or seeing someone die right in front of your eyes? etc.

Mar 20, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #21 of 31
Mar 21, 2004 at 4:36 AM Post #22 of 31
yes, but did you read everything listed on the bottom?, like "anima: ENFP". Somehow I started laughing.
biggrin.gif

My anima is ESTJ.
biggrin.gif
LOL. ("ESTJ humor is frequently centered around something or someone being off center or behaving abnormally.")

My cohort: ESFJ. They wear their hearts on their sleeves for all the world to see, while I look at the world with rose coloured glasses. LOL. (I wonder if Grinch is a ESFJ?
biggrin.gif
) (There's a lot of wonderful and wacky people here.
biggrin.gif
)

My counterpart: ESFP. So I should be more like ESFP to become better balanced.

Gee, my Indian totems told me the same thing long ago: instead of being busy as a beaver, enjoy and play in life like the otter.

Mar 21, 2004 at 7:37 AM Post #24 of 31
INTJ, just like...
Quote:

Gandalf the Grey (J. R. R. Tolkein's Middle Earth books)
Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Professor Moriarty, Sherlock Holmes' nemesis

biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2004 at 3:19 PM Post #25 of 31
ISTJ, but ex-INTJ. The first time I took the test (year or so ago) I got INTJ, but now I consistantly get ISTJ. It's kind of freaky because the first time when I got INTJ, my best friend also got it and we were positive that we didn't have similar personalities. Now I'm an ISTJ. And my Enneagram type is three.

Mar 21, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #26 of 31
Stuartr,

It's nice knowing another Healer.

Oddball, thanks for proving my point about changes in people. Were there any dramatic changes in your life which would account for this change?

Mar 21, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
people can rapidly change if there is a shock to their belief system. supposedly there are still people who have root cellars because of the Great Depression. Both love and war can have dramatic shifts in people's beliefs, what then about divorce and being fired from your job? or being in a car accident? or seeing someone die right in front of your eyes? etc.

Unfortunately nothing as dramatic as those things. My workload, surroundings, and social life have changed, but nothing life-altering. However, considering that I'm still a teenager, many would call what I'm talking about "growing up."

Mar 21, 2004 at 7:05 PM Post #28 of 31
Well, I think that for some people, the test (shorter ones especially) can be wrong the first time. Once you just relax and think about what you would naturally do (or want to do) as opposed to being compelled to do, you usually get in a groove and find out what it really should be.
The first time my best friend took it he came out INTJ, but that just did not fit him. He came out INTP the next time, which is spot on ... we have been best friends since kindergarten...it is weird how temperment can really prove true -- we are the perfect companions...we share so many traits in common, but are still fairly different in our outlook...
Now, just to find a girl whom I can like as much....

Mar 22, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #29 of 31
Stuartr,

girls like uniforms.
wink.gif
it's forbidden fruit to them. they know that you are restrained like a horse on a leash. is there a uniform store near you?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back