Personality Tests
Mar 19, 2004 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

uosux

100+ Head-Fier
Have you ever taken a "real" personality test? I mean one that has a scientific foundation, not some random horoscope or online one. I recently took the Briggs-Meiers test, and it was really interesting. 70 questions, really quick, than it comes up with a four letter personality code you reference, (I was an INTP). My results were shockingly accurate to my real self. It was almost spooky how specific and effective it described me, but I may be the exception. If you've taken one, how well does it fit you?

Mar 19, 2004 at 8:43 AM Post #2 of 31
INFJ here. I think this has been discussed a little bit here before. Yeah, it's an interesting test.

Mar 19, 2004 at 9:01 AM Post #3 of 31
INTP here as well. The test results were correct on some aspects and wrong on others. The one I took came with a list of occupations that people with a similar profile tended to work in and I found that I had a certain amount of interest in many of them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2004 at 9:27 AM Post #5 of 31
ISTJ here. The results were surprisingly accurate, despite not being certain how to answer certain questions.

And to keep in the spirit of the thread goose linked to, I like my HD600s the most
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2004 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 31
Sorry for not checking for an old link. I wasn't interested in headphone compatability, just wanted to see what people thought about these tests, how accurate it described them and such.

Mar 19, 2004 at 6:24 PM Post #7 of 31
INFP - what else?
biggrin.gif

11 slightly expressed introvert
22 slightly expressed intuitive personality
33 moderately expressed feeling personality
33 moderately expressed perceiving personality

pbirkett, the only other self expressed INFP, came in as
moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

But I think the two may not be correlateable as I think that the test has changed. Can people really be honest when taking a test? I think I should have scored higher in the Intuitive catagory.

People change over time. For better, or for worse, but most change.

Mar 19, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #9 of 31
fiddler,

are you a Libra?

I say this, only because I see the same propensity in people who get into astrology - they tend to believe all the good and ignore what they see as bad.

If we take the same test when we feel differently about ourselves and the world, will we get the same results? I doubt it.

I think that everyone here is much too complex (and at the same time much too simple) to be pigeonholed into any catagory. I think that we have overlaps and waxing and wanings in our demarcations of personality.

But it is a nice tool to just look at ourselves and reflect.

Now, are there any Geminis here? I tend to get along with them very well, especially if they are my bosses at work.

Mar 19, 2004 at 7:16 PM Post #10 of 31
For you and I it would seem that Florence Littaeur would give some really good insights. She is a Christian and references biblical characters and verses in her books. We have used her material at the school I worked at in San Diego for many years. Personality Plus is a good one, and I recently added Your Personality Tree. Both are very good.

OBTW, the Meier-Briggs test is a LOT more than 70 questions. A good book on explaining the info on the Meier-Briggs will include a test that is likely in the 150+ question range, and the best will be even more and take over an hour to complete.

Mar 19, 2004 at 7:44 PM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
fiddler,

are you a Libra?

Nope, Taurus.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2004 at 12:40 AM Post #13 of 31
ENTP:
moderately expressed extrovert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

The test is interesting, especially since I am the only E so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2004 at 1:17 AM Post #14 of 31
INTx here. And enneagram type 5.

Half the time, I think the descriptions are great, helpful, accurate tools...the other half, my cycnicism sets in: of course it's going to tell me all about myself; I just told it all about myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back