Pernunciation of Grado.
Feb 8, 2005 at 3:33 AM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helter Skelter
I always just pronouced it as "crap". Seems to be far less confusing.

but you see, saying "ahdjasnjdnsajhbduia hgdusiahgduisadisabdisabdisadibasi" awakens dread cthulhu from his slumber in sunken r'lyeh.

Feb 8, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #32 of 48
I know its wrong, but I've gotten in the habit of saying Sennheiser like Sign-how-zer. Must be my southern upbringings.
redface.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 5:44 AM Post #33 of 48
Grado is pronounced "bob"

Feb 8, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #37 of 48
Maybe it's "Nerd - Tron" or even "Mhun - Ee - Pit". Who knows? Head-fi.

Feb 8, 2005 at 6:21 AM Post #38 of 48
sign how zur? AHHH you crazy gits--I mean southerners don't know how to pronounce anything at all. sennheiser seems obvious to me, but maybe that's cause I take german. It's: senn (as in SENd) - high (when it's ei or ie, you pronounce only the second letter) - sir (as in, hello, good day sir)

senn-high-sir

Feb 8, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrillic
sign how zur? AHHH you crazy gits--I mean southerners don't know how to pronounce anything at all. sennheiser seems obvious to me, but maybe that's cause I take german. It's: senn (as in SENd) - high (when it's ei or ie, you pronounce only the second letter) - sir (as in, hello, good day sir)

senn-high-sir

Funny thing is I lived in Germany for a couple years and still try to pronounce it like sign how zur.
600smile.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 6:49 AM Post #40 of 48
The only part that you may have correct is the zur. sir and zur are very close sounding if I get what you mean. I guess it would have more of a z sound to it. I sometimes miss the small differences between an s and a z because I look at the s when thinking about it in german, and just know how it should sound.

Feb 8, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #41 of 48
i've called them and when their menu system kicks in it says "sen-high-zur" so that's the official word... straight from the company's phone menu system

Feb 8, 2005 at 9:34 AM Post #42 of 48
I know some German people...

Beyerdynamic = Buh-yer-dynamics (They pronounce the Buh-yer part quickly ... )

Being a Romanian, I tend to pronounce Grado the Italian way... Grah-do ("o" as in "all")

Sennheiser = Sen hy zur

Feb 9, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #43 of 48
gra(rhymes with "bra")-doe

It never occurred to me that you could pronounce 5 letter word with different tone.Mostly from very first day i seen the word i use above.I'm south-east asian. Now this.....ahhh english.BTW even title of this thread reads " pernunciation of Grado"- another italian variant?
lambda.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back