Perfered Player
May 1, 2008 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

elmo541992

New Head-Fier
I have been using iTunes for about 4 1/2 years now, and I love it! However, I was wondering what headfi-ers use to manage and listen to their music. I've heard foobar2000 is really popular, but the interface doesn't look very appealing to me. Does superior sound quality make up for it? Also, what player would put out the best sound quality?

May 1, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #2 of 7
well, mp3 players really dont make a massive difference in sq (from what i know,correct me if i am wrong). its more the plugins, and there ability to play other formats, along with ability to mess around that makes the most diff. in that case, the two popular are foobar, due to its massive expandability, and winamp. i personally prefer mediamokey. it plays most formats,a and a simple plugin allows you t play the few rare ones. and as its built on winamp, all the plugins for that would work on it. plus, love the ui, and the skins.

May 1, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #3 of 7
iTunes doesn't natively support KS or ASIO, two methods of circumventing Windows kMixer that can potentially improve sound quality. However, I think there is a workaround that will allow you to use both Foobar and iTunes at the same time to get the best of both worlds.

May 2, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 7
iTunes for me as well, since May 2004.
Love it!
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 7
Winamp for sure.

I tried to use iTunes, but it's the worst thing I've ever used. I'd rather not listen to music than use iTunes. I'd probably have a Mac right now if it wasn't for that (I'll still probably have one soon anyway).

May 4, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #6 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back