Perfect Sound Dido D902, another one to watch?!
Mar 14, 2015 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gelocks

Headphoneus Supremus
With so many full-size and closed-back coming out now (Oppo PM-3, Audeze EL-8, Momentum 2.0, Denon MM400, AudioQuest Nighthawk, ADL H128, etc.) and the ones that are already on the market, Perfect Sound seems to be working on the successor to their Dido D901! Now, I have to say that I really like their Dido D901, they are very bassy but they seem to perform well with the genres I listen to and they seem to be an aggressive version of one of my favorites the Ultrasone Signature DJs. Recently I received this:

So it seems they are mixing the elements of the D901s with the interchange-ability of their M100s.

Things that grabbed my attention quickly was their "home" version with the 52mm drivers... and since their sound signature is usually bassy, it seems they might be good for bass-heads. The package will come with both sets of drivers. But one of the cons of the M100 was that they didn't seat well on the ears... and the second thing... PRICE. It seems that when these get release, the MSRP will be almost $900! With all the competition listed above, they would NEED to perform very very well.

Still, I would love to try them.

This is just an FYI. If anyone overseas has seen or heard anything else about them, please share any details! :)

Thanks.

Mar 14, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 6
The Dido D901 went for around 700. It was a little loose when it came to seal (which actually helped me out by lowering some of the bass). Impressions on Head-Fi differed from my own being that they were very bass-focused. We'll see how the D902 favors.

Mar 14, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 6
The Dido D901 went for around 700. It was a little loose when it came to seal (which actually helped me out by lowering some of the bass). Impressions on Head-Fi differed from my own being that they were very bass-focused. We'll see how the D902 favors.

Yeah.
I'm wondering if the 'home' drivers are more refined and the 'outdoor' ones are the bassier ones... We'll see.

May 17, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #4 of 6
So I guess they'll be released this month!?

http://audiophileon.com/home/high-end-2015-perfect-sound-d902

Filler stuff but real pictures.!

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #5 of 6
No interest in these? Been googling impressions and pictures nonstop since I found them a couple of days ago! I find the EXTREMELY appealing in the aesthetics department! Don't really understand why you basically have to buy 2 pairs of headphones minus one headband to get these. I'd like for them to be 2 different pairs. That said, I am very interested!

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #6 of 6
With their M100, if you bought directly they actually "gifted" you the "second" pair. So I expect a similar deal... but still way too expensive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back