Percentage op people using high-end
Dec 20, 2005 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 77

sidewinder

500+ Head-Fier
Any idea what percentage of the people in any country would own such high-end audio equipment? I've never seen someone using Shure, Westone, Eytmotic.. always those crappy earbuds.. seen more people using MP3 players, but no portable amp
tongue.gif
.. I guess either they don't know it exists or they don't care about it..

Dec 20, 2005 at 1:02 PM Post #4 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by sidewinder
I've never seen someone using Shure, Westone, Eytmotic.. always those crappy earbuds.. seen more people using MP3 players, but no portable amp
tongue.gif
.. I guess either they don't know it exists or they don't care about it..

Trust me.. I know they exist. But at those prices they can hardly end up in my priority list. I guess that would be the problem with the average Joe around here (Lisbon), even if they knew it exists...
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 1:04 PM Post #5 of 77
yeah another factor is the price..

Dec 20, 2005 at 1:46 PM Post #6 of 77
I saw 2 E3c and 1 E2c all on the train. I would usually smile at the other person knowing what we like best, QUALITY MUSIC.
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 1:58 PM Post #8 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
None of my non-audiophile friends have ever thought my equipment has sounded substancially better than what they use, but what they don't understand is the long term satisfaction you get
smily_headphones1.gif

Me too. They even say I'm crazy to get such expensive earphones/headphones. I replied, I buy those to enjoy music and they just give me the look.
blink.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #9 of 77
What gets me, is that it's not all that expensive, to get a decent pair of headphones, but to spend $400 on an iPod, and then tell me I'm crazy for spending $ on another pair, when one is included. Sounds more to me, like they just want to make a statement, instead of sound quality!
blink.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 2:26 PM Post #10 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
What gets me, is that it's not all that expensive, to get a decent pair of headphones, but to spend $400 on an iPod, and then tell me I'm crazy for spending $ on another pair, when one is included. Sounds more to me, like they just want to make a statement, instead of sound quality!
blink.gif

Come to think about it all my stock earphones are still in their respective boxes. Don't bother listening to them. Would gladly use Senn MX series instead of them if I have to.
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 3:10 PM Post #12 of 77
I think Shure did 'join' forces with them. Look at the Shure E4c white. The box looks like an iPod box. While the black or rather carbon E4c was package in a standard blister packaging.

Dec 20, 2005 at 3:33 PM Post #13 of 77
I just chalk it up to a lack of taste, and an unwillingness to spend extra money.

I guess a lot of people would argue "why buy those headphones when a pair comes with my discman?" I think the same people would argue "why go to Ruth Chris when I can get all you can eat steak at the Family Buffet for $10.99?"

Dec 20, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #14 of 77
I think the problem is that most people don't know about the electrnoics behind high end audio components.

WHen I first joined here, I was only looking for a pair of headphones. Now I'm getting Grado SR325i's...

It's mostly a lack of knowledge. I study Electrical Engineering so a lot of this stuff I'm familiar with, especially amplifiers.

Most people don't know the differences between lows, mids, and highs. Or even the freq. responses that each headphone has. So really, for the most part, people don't understand the differences, much less hear them.

My two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back