Pepsi from Israel - Can anyone translate?
May 2, 2009 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Alex_O Rules

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I'm curious as to whether or not this Pepsi contains corn syrup. It is stocked at my local supermarket. I think this should show the ingredients:

3493231302_1d9c15bbdc.jpg

Thanks,

AOR

May 2, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #2 of 14
Ingredients: water, suger, CO2, caramel food coloring, food acid(?) (E-338, lemon acid), caffeine, flavorings.
No corn syrup...

I just checked the hebrew wikipedia and there is a list of products that make use of corn syrup. Coca Cola is one of them.
Here there is a big list of items that use corn syrup. Pepsi is one of them. http://www.accidentalhedonist.com/in...ing_high_fruct

May 2, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 14
No corn syrup in diet pepsi.

May 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #4 of 14
I'm not surprised that Israeli Pepsi does not contain corn syrup. While Pepsi and Coke in the US generally do contain corn Syrup, they make sugar-based ones for some markets. I've been told that one of those markets is Jewish communities (since corn is a grain that isn't allowed during Passover and probably some other reasons I'm unaware of). This was news to me recently when a friend explained the local availability of "Passover Coke".

May 2, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #5 of 14
A couple days ago, while shopping at my local Target, I saw boxes of Pepsi cans with old-fashioned cursive lettering and the mention "Throwback" on the package. Apparently they are making a special series with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup, presumably at a premium.

May 2, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by majid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A couple days ago, while shopping at my local Target, I saw boxes of Pepsi cans with old-fashioned cursive lettering and the mention "Throwback" on the package. Apparently they are making a special series with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup, presumably at a premium.

Yup you can get Mnt Dew Throwback also that uses Sugar inplace of HFCS

May 2, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #10 of 14
yes. it says כשר לפסח at the bottom which means "kosher for passover".
If you have any other hebrew related question don't hesitate to ask.

May 2, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I learned that the Coke in the glass bottles doesn't contain HFCS. Interesting.

I always preferred "soda" or "pop" from a glass bottle. But then I prefer beer from a can, hmm..
confused_face.gif

May 2, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #12 of 14
I dont think its from Israel. Its no milk and honey in it
tongue.gif

May 2, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I learned that the Coke in the glass bottles doesn't contain HFCS. Interesting.

This isn't always true. Both sugar and HFCS forms of Coke are distributed in glass bottles.

May 3, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes. it says כשר לפסח at the bottom which means "kosher for passover".
If you have any other hebrew related question don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks! I knew it tasted much better than standard HFCS Pepsi!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back