People With Customs-Do You Also Use Universals, Or Do You Use Your Customs For Everything?
Feb 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

KimChee

Headphoneus Supremus
People With Customs-Do You Also Use Universals, Or Do You Use Your Customs For Everything?  

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 19
I will have to say it's pretty even... I find wearing customs to be a hassle during school because I can't hear what people are saying to me and getting them in and out several times are very troublesome. It really depends what my mood is in the morning hahaha. If i'm feeling like an Ety HF5, I take the HF5. If I feel like a Sleek SA-6, I take the Sleek. If I feel like feelin the bass down low, Shure SE215 with my E7. And if I feel like a good balanced sound with great extention on both sides, I take my UM. And lastly, if I don't feel like IEMs, Senn HD-25-1-ii for me haha

Feb 20, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 19
I still wear my universals when I'm out and about or doing some dirty work. I only take out my customs at home or when I'm going to be staying at a place for a while. 

Feb 20, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #5 of 19
I try to use my customs. I know as soon as I put them in my wife is going to want to say something to me, as soon as I take them out she'll say "never mind." She's not doing it to me annoying or mean, its just the way it is.

So, I find myself using the universals more.

Feb 20, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 19
I almost always use my customs for anything. If not, then I am probably using my full-size headphones at home.

Feb 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #7 of 19
I have a protector/ipod setup and i wear customs 90% of the time, in the gym, out everyplace. the only time i dont wear customs is when im doing something where i need to take out on ear constantly, like at work or watching a movie.... or someplace where i could **** up a twag... in this case i wear an ER-4S... its the only universal i still have left

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #8 of 19
Did get some customs done to wear to wear at work, however it looks like I'm going to have to go back to universals as they are easier to put in and take out in a hurry.

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #9 of 19

Quote:
Did get some customs done to wear to wear at work, however it looks like I'm going to have to go back to universals as they are easier to put in and take out in a hurry.

Precisely me. I have to take phone calls, and it seems only when I stuff a monitor in my ear. Hard to use at work. 

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #10 of 19

Quote:
Precisely me. I have to take phone calls, and it seems only when I stuff a monitor in my ear. Hard to use at work. 

Tell me about it.  The frustrating thing about my job is that I could potentially go the whole day without really speaking to anyone.  Then on the other hand I get days where I could have three or four people come up to me in the space of half an hour.  I never know (though I can get a good feeling of how the day's going to go)which one it's going to be.  So it's customs for home use and universals for work (gives me an excuse for a new set as I had my main ones reshelled anyway!).

Cheers.

Feb 22, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #12 of 19
hehe, I found this thread searching for something else, but anyhoo... I usually use my customs 90% of the time simply because I find them easier to put in and remove than my universals. The reason for that, is because I use the Westone 4's with Shure olive tips, and it takes longer to roll up the tip and let it expand than it does to just put the customs in. Also, i feel more comfortable walking around with the UE customs cable than the Westone cable. I'm sure they're equally as strong, but the thickness of the UE cable is just reassuring. I don't find myself paranoid about snagging it on things.

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #14 of 19
I use my customs almost all of the time.  I find them extremely more comfortable then universals now.  I also have found them to be very easy to take in and out (especially compared to foam).  It's all about rotation.

lately I have been using full size cans at work though.

Feb 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #15 of 19
I use my customs exclusively when I am out, and my full size cans at home.  The pair of TF10's have been collecting dust the past year. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back