People talking to you while your listening to music-realllly annoying
Oct 10, 2010 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Rich77

100+ Head-Fier
I just replied to another post, and it got me thinking. I really hate people who start conversations when I'm listening to music. Like it's common sense that even if you have earbuds in, don't talk to somebody, but if I'm wearing full sized cans, you should not bother me. Even if you do bother me, it's probable that I can't even hear you, so WHY DO PEOPLE DO IT!?

And the worst is when people try and talk to you, don't get an answer, and physically remove the headphone from your head and proceed to talk to you. It's like buddy, if I wanted to, I would've hit pause and talked to you. So please, just leave me alone and let me jam.

Anybody else hate this, or am I just anti-social?

Oct 10, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 11
Cant stand it when people do that

Oct 10, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 11
You're anti-social.  Which is strange because you want to discuss things on a forum.
tongue.gif
  Seriously, I rather have people talk to me than ignore me.  It's all fun and games until no one will talk to you, right?

Oct 10, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #5 of 11
Doesn't bother me much. I'd rather have a conversation with someone I know than listen to music, anyway.

Unless you're talking about random strangers walking up to you, proceeding to yank out your earbuds and then start talking to you. I'd probably deck them in that case.

Oct 10, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
You're anti-social.  Which is strange because you want to discuss things on a forum.
tongue.gif
  Seriously, I rather have people talk to me than ignore me.  It's all fun and games until no one will talk to you, right?

I know, I agree but what I'm saying is more geared to the people you don't like, they need to recognize the fact that your wired in for a reason lol and should respect it.

Oct 10, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #8 of 11
I'm totally fine with people starting a conversation with me while I'm listening in public (pretty rare, unless I'm napping in the student union). I think that the pervasion of portable music listening has really led to many individuals of my generation becoming insulated, self-involved, and anti-social, so I'm glad whenever people are friendly enough to strike up a conversation.

Oct 11, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
I think that the pervasion of portable music listening has really led to many individuals of my generation becoming insulated, self-involved, and anti-social, so I'm glad whenever people are friendly enough to strike up a conversation.

Before bluetooth devices only crazy people talked to themselves in public...

The majority of people I encounter every day have ear buds seemingly permanently embedded in their ears (well, resting not embedded, as no one wears them properly) and it seems psychologically they use that as a cop-out to be invisible to society.

"Can't you see my ear buds? That means I don't even have to make eye contact with you in the off chance that you might say something. I won't be able to hear it!!!"

Yeah I have an interesting imagination. Anyway, I like to think of them as zombies. Eventually one of them will try to take a bite out of my arm and I need to be prepared when that day comes.

Oct 11, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
My wife does it all the time
biggrin.gif
  I don't find it all that annoying. 

X 2. I've gotten used to it.

All might be quiet, but as soon as I put my DBA-02's in, she starts talking. It's ok though...I love her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back