People not happy with HD650: with what did you change them that makes you happy now?
Feb 26, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #16 of 16
One other thing. I've seen other folks on here say the "veil" doesn't exist on the 650s. Out of curiosity I broke out my pair once again, this time I set my iFi Black Label on it's Turbo setting, which gives the power output a boost. Because i keep reading that I need to use a powerful amp to power them properly. I then chose the Adrian Belew disc Mister Music Head to listen to, because it's a very clear and fresh sounding album. And the veil is there in all it's glory, causing my to not enjoy the music at all because it distracts me from it. So, take off and unplug the 650s, and plug in my Philips Fidelio X2. These aren't exactly known as high end on these forums. They're kind of bass heavy. That said, I find them to be very comfy and I love the fun sound of them. And one other thing. No veil. The treble is clear and not grainy in the least.
I just don't understand the amount of love the 650s get. Before I came to this site I was doing my audio gear "research" on the Reddit headphones thread. And the amount of hype the 650s get there may be even stronger than here. I know I'm older than the usual person on that site, but I am probably more in line with folks here. And yet, it's the same here. I guess I just have a hard time believing my hearing is that much different than everyone else. I think I may be slightly less bothered by highs than some here. I see folks complain about the highs in the Beyerdynamic line, and the Fostex Th900. I love my TH900s, and my DT770 & 1990s. I had the T90, and they were too much for me to take. I don't know, maybe the years of concert going took their toll on my ears that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back