PEOPLE MAKE ME MAD
Oct 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

I was the ONLY once in all of middleschool with CIEMs

Wow, must have refitted them constantly. I think people in high school had generally good tastes. Some MEElectronics, an UM3x.

I only had an E3c and some Portapros back then. Very funny to be the only person in elementary school with Portapros. I think the teacher had to comment on it in my report card 
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:
Wow, must have refitted them constantly. I think people in high school had generally good tastes. Some MEElectronics, an UM3x.

I only had an E3c and some Portapros back then. Very funny to be the only person in elementary school with Portapros. I think the teacher had to comment on it in my report card 
tongue.gif

Nope, even to this day, not re-shelled once. Just used my ingenious Clear Nail Polish mod that I applied every time I felt a loose fit. Now my CIEM is 10% composed of Nail Polish LOL. I've been thinking of a re-shell with replacing the Bass driver into the Miracle's dual-bass driver, but that's for later. I had the E3c back then as well, a REALLY brilliant sounding IEM IMO, so brilliant, I used it in my CIEM as the mid-driver. One of the best Mids I heard from an IEM to date.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #18 of 32
Awh. Mayne. Ignorance is bliss. Since I was in 5th grade I can remember hearing a difference.
I let a guy try my D5000's on. He only owned skullcrushers. He said they weren't that good.
I could'nt touch his skullcrushers without it actually crushing my skull with bloated bass.
Some people hear a difference some people don't. Some people don't accept it. Some people do.
People are people. You probably won't convince those kids ever until they come around.
So there's really no point to try. But you know. That's just me.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Nope, even to this day, not re-shelled once. Just used my ingenious Clear Nail Polish mod that I applied every time I felt a loose fit. Now my CIEM is 10% composed of Nail Polish LOL. I've been thinking of a re-shell with replacing the Bass driver into the Miracle's dual-bass driver, but that's for later. I had the E3c back then as well, a REALLY brilliant sounding IEM IMO, so brilliant, I used it in my CIEM as the mid-driver. One of the best Mids I heard from an IEM to date.

I heard some nail polishes were chemically bad for the ears. Which ones did you use? 

The E3c was really good for mids, I agree, but I remember that it constituted for the bulk of the sound. Because of them, I'm heavily midrange-biased for life. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:
Awh. Mayne. Ignorance is bliss. Since I was in 5th grade I can remember hearing a difference.
I let a guy try my D5000's on. He only owned skullcrushers. He said they weren't that good.
I could'nt touch his skullcrushers without it actually crushing my skull with bloated bass.
Some people hear a difference some people don't. Some people don't accept it. Some people do.
People are people. You probably won't convince those kids ever until they come around.
So there's really no point to try. But you know. That's just me.

Agree. In the end, what's there to prove? Who are you doing it for? For the benefit of others? I doubt most of us here are that altruistic. Or is it for yourself, to affirm your own superiority by bringing others down? I find that the attitude of wanting to "convert" people (I'm very guilty of it myself) is ridden with pitiful intentions.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #21 of 32
Quote:
I heard some nail polishes were chemically bad for the ears. Which ones did you use? 

The E3c was really good for mids, I agree, but I remember that it constituted for the bulk of the sound. Because of them, I'm heavily midrange-biased for life. 

Been using them for years. I have NO idea which ones I'm using as they were my mothers. I have no skin irritation and I was so paranoid at first I actually asked my dermatologist if the skin on my ears are okay. 

Exactly why I kept them for the CIEM 
biggrin.gif
 the E3c wasn't a really special IEM besides the mids, I just singled that out and made it excel specifically.

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Been using them for years. I have NO idea which ones I'm using as they were my mothers. I have no skin irritation and I was so paranoid at first I actually asked my dermatologist if the skin on my ears are okay. 

Exactly why I kept them for the CIEM 
biggrin.gif
 the E3c wasn't a really special IEM besides the mids, I just singled that out and made it excel specifically.

If nail polish work well with UM CIEMs, that just compels me to get a pair of Miracles even more. I think in the Multi-CIEM thread, the UMs were listed as using something other than regular acrylic. So maybe it wouldn't work so well with the typical Westone or JH. Also, the long shipping times for re-fits (especially with UM, all the way in China) would be completely remedied with that nail polish trick. What did you use for the other drivers on your customs, though? 

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:
If nail polish work well with UM CIEMs, that just compels me to get a pair of Miracles even more. I think in the Multi-CIEM thread, the UMs were listed as using something other than regular acrylic. So maybe it wouldn't work so well with the typical Westone or JH. Also, the long shipping times for re-fits (especially with UM, all the way in China) would be completely remedied with that nail polish trick. What did you use for the other drivers on your customs, though? 

I used the UE TF10 Tweeter for the High Freq driver and a Sonion 20xx (forgot which) as the Bass driver. I want to replace the Sonion with the UM Miracle's Dual-Low driver. Also I want to get musicians fit as UM generally goes a bit shallower than other CIEM companies. You should only be refitting once every 1-2 years, and that's early from observation. I think some peoples ears change so little that 3+ years is sometimes a possibility.

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #24 of 32
so... you're in 7th grade.. give it 3 or 4 years, and you'll start to learn, that you can't walk up to ignorance, and hit it in the face with something it obviously doesn't understand, all that happens is you get a face full of smack, or fist. or both.
Education is a choice, if someone wants to learn, they'll ask questions, read things, seek out answers. If they don't, they'll sit there in their own little world.

I work part time in a supermarket, and we have self serve checkouts, the checkouts give clear instructions, and people don't follow them, I go over to help, and I no longer just fix the problem for them, I ask them what they did, and why they didn't follow the instruction of the machine, they don't even listen to it, they don't want to learn, they don't seem to care that they're wasting their own time, my time, and other peoples time by ignoring simple instruction, and they just sit there, getting angry at the machines, and me, and anyone else that tries to help. All they're doing is trying to pass of their ignorance onto someone else, so they don't feel stupid, or useless. And the whole problem could be fixed so easily if they paid attention. But people don't seem able to do that.
And that's just for something as essential as food, once you work your way down to something so unimportant as what you listen to music on (Not for people that frequent this forum, but to most people) then you've just lost all hope of education.

People are a bit sickening really, in their ignorance. But then, the same goes for people that hear 'night and day' differences in a few centimeters of wire, which is complete bollocks, because electronics is actually a very sloppy art, most components are only rated to an accuracy of +/- 5 or 10% or so. making any difference a wire makes, infinitesimally small compared to the differences of some of the components. So you can argue ignorance on both ends of the scale. try to fit somewhere in the middle, and not to shout loudly at anyone either side of the scale.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #25 of 32
often people reciprocate in the same fashion they receive. The OP is evident of that. 

-Scott

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #26 of 32
Quote:
so... you're in 7th grade.. give it 3 or 4 years, and you'll start to learn, that you can't walk up to ignorance, and hit it in the face with something it obviously doesn't understand, all that happens is you get a face full of smack, or fist. or both.
Education is a choice, if someone wants to learn, they'll ask questions, read things, seek out answers. If they don't, they'll sit there in their own little world.

I agree.

You're not there (in this world) to educate people.

I'll tell you something that I've learned over the years (and I'm still pretty young
biggrin.gif
)

Most people are dumb. They won't try to understand. They won't try to learn.

But as pleasantNoise said : Ignorance is at both ends of the spectrum, especially in this hobby.

A few months ago I was in an audio show, and what I saw there was priceless.

Ignore the ignorants and at all costs avoid being like them. Enjoy life, spend your money wisely and just take a minute to think about the size of our "problems" compared to some people's lives.

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #27 of 32
Dec 13, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #28 of 32
but yeah what should i do now? Or do you have any comments on this story?

Don't tell them - ask them. What other brands have they heard to compare to, and why they think Beats may be superior to anything else out there. If they haven't heard anything else...well, a) Beats will probably sound good compared to stock buds, and b) not everything you hear/read out there is true...

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:
Don't tell them - ask them. What other brands have they heard to compare to, and why they think Beats may be superior to anything else out there. If they haven't heard anything else...well, a) Beats will probably sound good compared to stock buds, and b) not everything you hear/read out there is true...

thats exactly what i do now, i will ask them their opinion of their beats and ask them some things like "how do they sound" or "how are they built" then get them to try mine and ill point out some things that mine do a little better than theirs, its a much for effective approach

Dec 23, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:
so im in 7th grade and this 8th grader bought these beats studios so naturely i told him that those suck, overpriced bad quality muddy bass recessed highs and your paying for the name and they are like "sure u stupid 7th grader" like im talking complete nonsence, and i listed all the good brands (audio technica senninheiser.....ect) and gave them specific expamles that would be better and they just ignored that and said they were dollar tree brand. So i also referred them to this sight and told them to read anyhting about beats here and how they arnt good and he just said that not everything on the internet is true, so now him and all his friends are consantly picking on me cuz i think beats suck and they think they are the most amazing pieces of plastic ever!! Also one of his friends is pretty stupid; i said they have muddy bass and his friend always says "make sure your headphones dont have mud in them" WOW facepalm.... but yeah what should i do now? Or do you have any comments on this story?

Well, on this site you can find people claiming that silver 'cables' sound 'cold' and copper 'cables' sound warm ..
As long as nonsense like that is protected speech on this forum, I frankly understand why they wont believe everything they read on the internets !

You should also consider that your palls have paid premium bucks for their skull-candy .
Nobody likes to be told that they wasted their money !
You could show them all the other stuff you could afford to buy for the cash you saved ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back