People in L.A. are nuts
May 25, 2005 at 8:52 PM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry
If that guy had a gun, in a few weeks we would have been wondering why sduibek hadn't been posting lately.

Move away from Koreatown. Seriously.

It's in the works. Getting a job interview this week. job = Money = downpayment
wink.gif

heard Venice is a cool place to live.

really, though, whatever's cheap and decently safe and inhabited w/people i can relate with is good for me

May 26, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
So that was YOU on the corner?
wink.gif

[size=medium]LOL!!![/size]

I've never had any trouble in L.A., though I had numerous encounters with muggers and other scum in Chicago.

May 26, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #20 of 39
I would suggest carrying around a tazer or learning martial arts
tongue.gif
. My cousin and I took a stroll around Long Beach at nighttime a couple years ago and it was an unforgettable experience. I've never been as close to s***ting myself in my whole life. There were people who literally drove by us and just looked like they were ready to kill us.

May 26, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek

really, though, whatever's cheap and decently safe and inhabited w/people i can relate with is good for me

why don't you try a gay brothel?
rs1smile.gif

May 26, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
why don't you try a gay brothel?
rs1smile.gif

tongue.gif

My threads are spawning points for awesome jokes. WHAT WILL I WRITE NEXT?!??!

STAY TUNED

SAME BAT TIME SAME BAT CHANNEL

PS: discount this post, i'm fasting so my brain isn't working.

May 26, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #23 of 39
Hehe... I'm surprised you didn't realize sooner that he was trying to pick you up. It might have been more obvious in West Hollywood, I guess
tongue.gif
Also sounds most likely he was either stoned or tweaked out on meth (drug of choice among that segment of population). I'm taking a course in Epidemiology of STDs this last quarter before I graduate, and I've learnt more about risky gay behavior in LA than I ever would have wanted to know
eek.gif

Be safe, man.

May 26, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozric
Hehe... I'm surprised you didn't realize sooner that he was trying to pick you up. It might have been more obvious in West Hollywood, I guess
tongue.gif
Also sounds most likely he was either stoned or tweaked out on meth (drug of choice among that segment of population). I'm taking a course in Epidemiology of STDs this last quarter before I graduate, and I've learnt more about risky gay behavior in LA than I ever would have wanted to know
eek.gif

Be safe, man.

why is it gays are picked out as "dangerous"? sex is sex, man. gay or straight, we all spread disease if we're uncareful. :-/

May 26, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #25 of 39
You misunderstood me. The risky part refered to their high-risk sexual practices, which I won't detail here. Let's just say drug use is involved. The "Be safe" was only good intentioned advice to not expose yourself to undesirable elements on the streets of LA in shady neighborhoods, and had nothing to do with the sexual orientation of the man who solicited your affection
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Yikes, that was creepy. I'm wondering if the person was so loaded on something that his vision was all messed up.

yeah maybe he thought i looked like a hot chick.

tongue.gif

the whole... not talking thing is what creeped me out. he was just STARING. and i'd say something and he'd just keep staring. freaky.

May 26, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
yeah maybe he thought i looked like a hot chick

nope, he thought you were hot
rs1smile.gif

and because it's you posting I forgot to do the obligatory FOTM smilie for ya
rolleyes.gif

May 26, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
nope, he thought you were hot