People in L.A. are nuts
May 26, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
rolleyes.gif

obviously you haven't spoken to my ex.

tongue.gif

May 24, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #35 of 39
So, when I went to AZ, I assumed people would be chill drivers, but damn are they still aggressive? Due to not much traffic and lots of land, I expect it to be like the mid-west or Texas. They are not like mid-west drivers that seems chill and let you in the lanes. Do they take after CA drivers? East coast drivers are like this as well, but not as bad as west coast. I assume NY in the East Coast is bad however.

Anyway, AZ road construction is terrible. They do not know how to build safe traffic roads. It's like spagetti. I like mid-west traffic regulations in how they build roads. The way parking spaces are built are terrible here as well. In the East Coast, I understand why their parking space regulation are the way it is, due to lack of land. AZ just feels like people don't have much experience of doing things. It's is a fairly newly growing city. I like Texas better for driving.

The way roads are designed for turning into highways are just badly designed that is awkward, and seems to increase potential for accidents. Is this how CA roads are like?

The way roads split here randomly is outright dangerous. It's like there is no standard of building roads here.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #36 of 39
^ Well from my experience, California drivers are polite and driving in California is fairly easy especially compared to the east coast (as in Washington D.C, Philadelphia, New York and Boston)

I have driven in the Phoenix Arizona area and it does seem more dangerous with aggressive fast drivers.

Of course if you drive in northern Arizona, it’s much more laid back…….although I did see a very serious car accident there so maybe someone proved me wrong.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #38 of 39
I was walking home @ 3am towards Koreatown (yeah I know, really bad start to the story already, huh
biggrin.gif
). Anyways, as I crossed 7th, this guy was wanting to turn left (which would be my right. got it?) So, being the nice guy I am, I stood at the corner and waited for him to turn so that I wouldn't be making him wait whilst I walked across the road. I probably should have motioned for him so he knew what I was doing, but whatever. I was damn tired and it slipped my mind.

So he starts making his left turn, slows down, and stops. Right in front of me. I assume (50% out of naivety, 50% just lying to myself) that he's had to stop to look at a roadmap or something. Then I notice a quiet voice trying to get my attention. I ignore it until I reach the curb at the opposite side of the road. Then i'm like, "Dude, what if he needs directions?" I actually wondered to myself if it was some gangbanger with a gun, wanting to smoke me or something. But I figured if worst came to worst, 1) At least I died trying to help a brother 2) Maybe God will protect me
wink.gif

So, I walk over to his car and say, "You need directions or something?" He's very quiet, doesn't really say much. He's Hispanic, so I thought maybe it was a language barrier. In the few minutes I end up trying to actually get a word out of him (he's mostly just staring at me like I might stare at pretty girls), he says "Where have you been?" "What happened to you?" and something else I can't remember. Things that really make absolutely no sense considering I don't know this guy, and it's not like I was bleeding or something.

I repeatedly ask if there's something he needs help with, trying to convince myself that maybe he really does want directions or something, but maybe is just too stoned or drunk to communicate effectively. lol
tongue.gif

I noticed throughout his silence-trying-to-pass-as-conversation, he kept nodding in this wierd way. Near the end of my patience, instead of nodding he actually pointed into his car.

At this point, my What? meter maxxed out. A guy I don't know, who i've been honestly trying to help because he stopped in front of me, wants me to get in his car, after conducting the WIERDEST conversation (if you can even call it that) of my life.

I don't think so.

I said "Take care" and told him I was sorry but I couldn't get in the car with someone I don't know. (duh! geez)

The possibilities of what this guy wanted from me, or thought I was doing on the corner, are disturbing at best
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

No he was going to kidnap you. He wasn't nodding at you. You weren't fresh meat more like ransom meat. Not so worst case is he was peaking and was confused about you.

Aug 25, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #39 of 39
really, i have neverbeen in la
A lot of people living in the USA have never been to LA. I grew up on the east coast and it’s common for many people in my area to have never been to the west coast.

But if you love the old classic movies and TV shows visiting LA is awesome. A lot of the scenery will look familiar.

But if you mostly watch new movies and new TV shows, You won’t recognize anything since a lot of current stuff is filmed in Atlanta and many other parts of America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back