Pendulumic S1 Stance Wireless Bluetooth Headphone
Mar 21, 2014 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

xanlamin

Headphoneus Supremus
A new wireless headphone just released from Pendulumic:

hero-s1a.png

Bluetooth® version4.0 with aptX®
Driver diameter40 mm
Frequency response15Hz - 22kHz (10Hz - 24kHz with aptX® enhancement)
Sound pressure level (SPL)110dB (1 kHz / 1 Vrms)
Impedance32Ω
External battery2 x AAA Batteries (Alkaline recommended)*
Wireless playback durationup to 20 hours (with external battery)
Wireless operating rangeup to 15 metres
Weight220g (without cables or accessories)
MeasurementsEar Cup Diameter - 70mm
Materials40-mm neodymium driver
Robust steel headband
Aluminum-steel alloy
High-quality bonded leather
Braided cable
Box ContentsPENDULUMIC™ STANCE headphone
USB Charging Cable
Audio Cable
Adaptors
Headphone Case
User Manual & Guide

More details: http://pendulumic.com/

May 5, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 43
These guys had a stand at the SoCal meet, where I had a chance to try them and the results over Bluetooth were pretty good, so I asked for a loaner pair, especially considering the number of people I've seen asking about BT headphones lately. I'm running them in at the moment, but one thing I noticed is that they sound better over BT from my iPad than they do connected directly.

May 6, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 43
I think it depends on if you're listening in truly passive mode or Amp'd. I find the Amp'd mode the best sounding although now that the S1's have been burned in, they sound a bit better than when I first received them. There's a few mentions in this thread and impressions starting on this page:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/710413/high-end-bluetooth-headphones/120

Are you getting v1 or v2? 

May 22, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 43
Have you tried the latest version of the Pendulumic Stance?
dt880smile.png
They are good especially with the headphone amps turn on. Very clear and detail audio reproduction especially the vocals.

Jun 17, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #5 of 43
I figured it was time to show this headphone some much needed love after auditioning it at the Head-fi meet in march and then again at THE Show in Newport I was able to get my hands on a pair.

First impressions:

First thing I must say is that Pendulumic know how to put together a very good looking presentation. The packaging of the Stance was superb, so far its the best I have seen from a headphone company. Upon opening the box you are greeted with a smaller box with the accessories, a manual and the headphone itself in the hard shell case. The headphone itself seemed pretty heavy in my hands, probably due to the battery seeing how it is wireless, and it also felt very sturdy (like i could drop it from 3-5 ft and it wouldn't break or chip).The headphone was nearly full charged right out of the box, only had to have it charge for about 10 minutes so I was able to get to listen to them almost immediately.

The sound of the Stance is something else, definitely not what I would expect from a wireless Bluetooth headphone, the sound isn't bloated or congested but smooth and enjoyable. I also tried it wired for a bit and I have to say i enjoyed it more wireless than wired, however i haven't spent too much time with the headphone yet so I will let you know for sure in the final review.

Photos

Nov 2, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #8 of 43
Out the box Audiophile Bluetooth Headphone from Pendulumic Stance S1

Pendulumix Stance S1 is of the best Sounding Bluetooth Headphone on the Market .

Before i decided to buy . I have heard Plantronic Bluetooth Headphone and from Logitech / UE bluetooth Headphone .
So far is one of the best sounding blue tooth headphone on the market with the price up to $ 500 USD i have tried .

If you like smooth and very clean sounding bluetooth headphone than Pendulumic Stance S1 is the right choice for you.

Price and performance is very good

IMO

Nov 8, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #10 of 43
I've merged both threads as the other one only had one post. 

I just posted up my review with video here by the way: http://www.head-fi.org/products/pendulumic-stance-s1-wireless-headphones/reviews/11889

After they made changes and improved the pads they are definitely very good and the first pair of $200 I've not wanted to stop listening with. I hope to compare them with other BT headphones in the future.

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #11 of 43
I've had my Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones now for about 5 days. First of all I'd like to thank Mike Johnson at Pendulumic and Todd Green at TTVJ Audio for their great customer service. I think this is the best $200 I've ever spent. These headphones are a perfect fit for my ears with the revised ear cups. The sound via Aptx Bluetooth from my Samsung Galaxy S5 has been so good I don't want to stop listening to them. I actually tried them in passive wired mode and I actually preferred the wireless sound, I suppose due to the headphones having a better amplifier than the phone itself. The controls are very intuitive and easy to use. The wireless range has been good enough for me to walk around my house and not have to keep the phone in my pocket. Overall I am extremely pleased with these headphones and look forward to a lot of enjoyable listening.

Jeff

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #12 of 43
Jeff, 
I'm glad you are enjoying the new S1+.

Thank you, for your kind remarks, too!
I sent you a message asking if you would be so kind as to share this on Head-fi (for the audiophile headphone guys) and Amazon (for the Mainstream headphone peeps)?

There is nothing like a satisfied customer's review :)

Thanks, for trying them, and also for sharing your thoughts and comments on our product!

Sincerely,
Mike Johnson
VP Sales
Pendulumic

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #15 of 43
Thanks to Pendulumic/Mike - They graciously sent me a pair of larger ear pads for my S1... Made a substantial increase in clarity (I took out the foam between the pads and drivers as well - kind of like the HD6??, not sure if it made any difference sound-wise but it definitely makes me sleep better at night thinking that it did.  The S1s are what Bluetooth headphones should cost and sound like.  They have a little bit of a Sennheiser HD600-like sound signature in my rookie opinion when you use them cabled with the amp "on."  From a bluetooth standpoint they sounded better than what I remembered my old Sennheiser mm-550x to sound like (which is a GREAT thing).  Comfort wise and sound wise the larger earpads helped the S1 veer away from feeling Sennheiser momentum like (no bueno on my ears).  I quickly took the S1s off of the FS boards here.  Thanks again!

(forgot to mention the insane battery life with both the built in rechargeable battery and ability to use AAAs (eneloops!) - you can keep this guy going around the clock)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back