pencil fi?
Mar 13, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #182 of 460
Can anyone recommend a good 2 mm Lead Holder? I used to have a Camel brand one in India that had a lead sharpener built into the push mechanism at the top, but I loaned it out and it broke in '01. Since then, I've had a nostalgic longing to return to 2 mm and after seeing a previous post with one (I believe it was the Staedler Mars 780), I'm interested in recommendations if anyone has them!

Mar 13, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #185 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone recommend a good 2 mm Lead Holder? I used to have a Camel brand one in India that had a lead sharpener built into the push mechanism at the top, but I loaned it out and it broke in '01. Since then, I've had a nostalgic longing to return to 2 mm and after seeing a previous post with one (I believe it was the Staedler Mars 780), I'm interested in recommendations if anyone has them!

W/o a doubt
Cult Pens Caran d'Ache Fixpencil 22

Awesome lead holder, build quality is superb, and it handles great

Mar 13, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #186 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you like?

Yes, it's very solid, and I like the bottom (top?) heaviness. Writes very well. I've not tried writing a long time with it yet, but it feels like I'll be able to write for a while before tiring out. Is it worth the $30 I paid for it? Probably not, but hey, I stopped seriously justifying my expenditure months ago.

Mar 13, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #187 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
W/o a doubt
Cult Pens Caran d'Ache Fixpencil 22

Awesome lead holder, build quality is superb, and it handles great

Thanks for the info! Looking into it as we speak. Damn its a nice looking piece of kit!

Mar 13, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #188 of 460
Cross-post here: but does anyone know where I can score a Rotring 600 Rollerball, other than on ebay?
I've found Montgomery pens, but they want $90+ for one

Mar 13, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #189 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it's very solid, and I like the bottom (top?) heaviness. Writes very well. I've not tried writing a long time with it yet, but it feels like I'll be able to write for a while before tiring out. Is it worth the $30 I paid for it? Probably not, but hey, I stopped seriously justifying my expenditure months ago.

Thanks for those first impressions! I'm seriously considering the purchase of a Wacom tablet (Intuos3 6"x 8" version), and the Rotoring sounds like the ideal pencil when I can't use my tablet to doodle (aka during class
wink.gif
).

Mar 13, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #190 of 460
Quote:

beerchug.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #191 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for those first impressions! I'm seriously considering the purchase of a Wacom tablet (Intuos3 6"x 8" version), and the Rotoring sounds like the ideal pencil when I can't use my tablet to doodle (aka during class
wink.gif
).

Won't it scratch your Wacom?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beerchug.gif

LOL.

Mar 13, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #192 of 460
Quote:

Won't it scratch your Wacom?

Har har, funny fella.
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #194 of 460
Alright, so I guess I'll handle the group buy for the NA market. If you're interested PM me, dont post here because I might miss it. I'll find the total price with shipping and divide it by total number of pencils times the number of pencils you want + $5 for shipping.

Sounds good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back