pencil fi?
Mar 9, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #151 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get the 600, but

Don't get this version:

47770_RO600Lava_MP_C%20%20%20500.jpg

I have been meaning to try a Rotring and picked up a lava 600, the same design you said not to get. Is there anything wrong with this one or is just not as good as the older 600?

Just to be sure I bought a NOS 600 in Silver of the Pencil-fi approved model off of E-bay an hour ago.
smile.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #152 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been meaning to try a Rotring and picked up a lava 600, the same design you said not to get. Is there anything wrong with this one or is just not as good as the older 600?

Just to be sure I bought a NOS 600 in Silver of the Pencil-fi approved model off of E-bay an hour ago.
smile.gif

Just picked up one of these from the comments in here and elsewhere
¡ÚROTRING/¥í¥Ã¥È¥ê¥ó¥°¡Û600 À½¿ÞÍÑ¥·¥ã¡¼¥×¥Ú¥ó¥·¥ë - ʸ˼¶ñÄÌÈÎ|Í¢Æþʸ˼¶ñÈÎÇä|ʬÅÙ´ï¥É¥Ã¥È¥³¥à
Ordering was a ***** until I found the link for International orders
k701smile.gif

Plus it was only $20 + $9 for shipping

Got it in black, but now I'm debating getting another in silver....damn you head-fi

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #153 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smile.gif

I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with them but I haven't used one myself. I believe its the redesigned model which looks like it would be better suited to carrying around since you won't poke yourself as easily.. the classic Rotring 600 can be a little dangerous when carried in a pocket.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #154 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Promate looks like a mighty fine pencil but another potentially important difference, correct me if im wrong, is that it's made of aluminum and the 600 is solid brass. I haven't read too much about the Promate myself but I've seen reports that their Super Promecha is very grip heavy.

Forgot to quote :p

I havent used the 600s but I feel that the Promate is slightly grip heavy. I have no problems though. I feel like if it was more heavier at the other side, it would be hard to balance it on the hand.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #155 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
¡ÚROTRING/¥í¥Ã¥È¥ê¥ó¥°¡Û600 À½¿ÞÍÑ¥·¥ã¡¼¥×¥Ú¥ó¥·¥ë - ʸ˼¶ñÄÌÈÎ|Í¢Æþʸ˼¶ñÈÎÇä|ʬÅÙ´ï¥É¥Ã¥È¥³¥à
k701smile.gif

Got it in black, but now I'm debating getting another in silver....damn you head-fi

Thanks for the link sommers. I will most likely order from there. Weird system for international orders is right. Most likely this some time this week i will put my order through.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #156 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by Granthos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the link sommers. I will most likely order from there. Weird system for international orders is right. Most likely this some time this week i will put my order through.

Haha no problem. I figured someone might be able to benefit from the site. I tried google translate and it worked but it kept getting messed up after I clicked checkout. Then I found a blog where someone explained what you had to do. Just click on International Orders on the right an it explains it all for you
beerchug.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #159 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought a silver Rotring 600. I hate you, Red.

emo.

Anyways, here are some images that I promised:

dsc06387p.jpg

dsc06385.jpg

dsc06386.jpg

Man, I suck at taking photos.

Mar 10, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #160 of 460
^ Wow, those pencils look so classy, I think it's going to have the Mac Effect on a few girls (if you know what that is
tongue.gif
).

Mar 10, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #162 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
k701smile.gif

we should do a group buy to save shipping costs :p

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #164 of 460
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we should do a group buy to save shipping costs :p

Totally, if we can get I dunno 5-10 people lets do it, I'm itchin for a silver one now
biggrin.gif

@jonathan: its about $20 USD for one, plus $10 shipping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back