Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Jun 14, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #1,936 of 2,804
Those are really hard to find. As a matter of fact vintage pens are getting fewer these days. I am looking for a few pens, a Doric, a Skyline CA, a Stainless Steel Fifth Ave. Even though steel cap pens were cheaper than gold, they're more difficult to find than gold. The highest on my wish list is a gold Parker 51 ballpoint pen. 
I don't know if it's the economy's picking up or vintage pens are getting popular. There is just not a lot of pens on Ebay. And when they appeared, people are getting ultra aggressive. Even real junk are going for good money. I have over 200 pens. So I know pretty much how much they should be going for. But I was blown away every time at the last minute. And I thought people only buy Mont Blanc.

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #1,937 of 2,804
Not trying to bore you guys. Just tell me to stop posting more pens. Here's my Parker collection.

Most of these are ballpoint pens. But I think I should stop right here. Because after this I only have several small collections and modern pens.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #1,939 of 2,804
Here's my Sheaffer collection.

The four solid gold pen on the right are Stratowriter. They all came with a cap originally because of the ink leak. I can only find one with cap. The metal body are also very soft. So they all have dent on them except one. Unfortunately the near mint pen has an engraved name on it. I had lost interest in collecting Sheaffer because it's very difficult to restore. To me the fun part of collecting pen is restoring the pen as well as learning the history of the pen, 

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #1,940 of 2,804
Quote:
Not trying to bore you guys. Just tell me to stop posting more pens. Here's my Parker collection.

Most of these are ballpoint pens. But I think I should stop right here. Because after this I only have several small collections and modern pens.

Love the orange Duofold! Isn't that the model that they dropped out of an airplane in advertisements?

Jun 16, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #1,941 of 2,804
Yes, I think so. It is one of the most distintive pen The only problem with pen like this is they never see any real use. I have never really used it other than testing it when I finished restoration. I am looking for another one as a backup. My focus is 45 and 75 because that's what I've been using since high school.

BTW, someone just bought the Eversharp Skyline product line. He's introducing new Skyline models this summer that include carbon fiber body and flex nibs. Prices supposedly ranges from $135 to $300. I think they're also replacing the lever fill with piston fill. 

Jun 16, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #1,942 of 2,804
Quote:
BTW, someone just bought the Eversharp Skyline product line. He's introducing new Skyline models this summer that include carbon fiber body and flex nibs. Prices supposedly ranges from $135 to $300. I think they're also replacing the lever fill with piston fill. 

OMG! I really need to keep my eyes on those than! Thanks for the information!
wink_face.gif

Jun 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #1,944 of 2,804
Quote:
Here's my Sheaffer collection.

The four solid gold pen on the right are Stratowriter. They all came with a cap originally because of the ink leak. I can only find one with cap. The metal body are also very soft. So they all have dent on them except one. Unfortunately the near mint pen has an engraved name on it. I had lost interest in collecting Sheaffer because it's very difficult to restore. To me the fun part of collecting pen is restoring the pen as well as learning the history of the pen, 

Nice Targas 
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #1,945 of 2,804
Thanks. I like Targa's inlaid nibs. I like the triumph nib even more. Sheaffer really have some very interesting pens. Other than nibs, they have some great fill systems like the vacuum fill, snorkel and touch down. I am learning to work on a snorkel. Well, the more precise word should be I have a snorkel waiting for my attention.

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #1,947 of 2,804
When I'm cafe side, I'm already worried enough about the theft of my twin fountain pens. Me advertising a Ben Frank in public? 
size]

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #1,948 of 2,804
Quote:
Here's one of the new pens. This is the new Skyline C-note special.

There's a hundred dollar bill wrapped around the barrel of the pen. They also have different color pens. I think they looked too teenager-ish.

The new site: http://www.wahleversharp.com/

Too bad most of them have only stainless steel nibs...they still look nice.

Jun 19, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #1,949 of 2,804
Quote:
Too bad most of them have only stainless steel nibs...they still look nice.

Supposedly you can custom order the nib. I'm not sure how it work. According to what I read on their site, most of the nibs are semi-flex. But they have some awful color. Anyone care for a red nib or a black nib?

Quote:
When I'm cafe side, I'm already worried enough about the theft of my twin fountain pens. Me advertising a Ben Frank in public? 
size]

That's why they have this Wall Street sign in the ad. It's for the big shot that want love to flash their wad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back