Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Dec 18, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #2,326 of 2,804
ooh... 
wink.gif

Dec 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #2,327 of 2,804
^^
Sorry, this last one I have to go 'Meh'.

Montblanc just doesn't have the lines to sport a sterling silver (or a similar finish).

This is the Pelikan M730. Same size as the 144:

And this is the MB Solitaire 146. Becomes even fatter with the silver cap:

Dec 19, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #2,328 of 2,804
I love Autumn. In just the last 10 days, my output for Cards, Note-cards, Notes and Letters have been enormous. And have me falling in love with my twin Pilot Metal Falcons all over again...

Dec 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #2,329 of 2,804
  ^^
Sorry, this last one I have to go 'Meh'.

Montblanc just doesn't have the lines to sport a sterling silver (or a similar finish).

This is the Pelikan M730. Same size as the 144:

Mmmm, I like this one.  Just a real nice, classy looking pen.  I can't justify one at the moment, but it's on the list!

I've recently been bitten by the vintage Pelikan bug.  I'm writing with my 140 right now.

Dec 19, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #2,330 of 2,804
  Mmmm, I like this one.  Just a real nice, classy looking pen.  I can't justify one at the moment, but it's on the list!

I've recently been bitten by the vintage Pelikan bug.  I'm writing with my 140 right now.

140s are keepers.  The nibs are some of the best Pelikan made.

Dec 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #2,331 of 2,804
  I love Autumn. In just the last 10 days, my output for Cards, Note-cards, Notes and Letters have been enormous. And have me falling in love with my twin Pilot Metal Falcons all over again...

Isn't it Winter now?

Speaking of Autumn, do you have the Iroshizuku Momiji? Its too red for me, but the shade is lovely.

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #2,332 of 2,804

Isn't it Winter now?

Speaking of Autumn, do you have the Iroshizuku Momiji? Its too red for me, but the shade is lovely.

Our first day of Winter for 2013 in North America is 21 December. Grab another cup of Champagne or Egg Nor, it's almost here. 
normal_smile .gif
 I'm not really into Red/Shades of Red ink - it'd have to be very subtle; muted. Well, for personal writing. I do like Red inks when used differently...

Dec 20, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #2,333 of 2,804

Our first day of Winter for 2013 in North America is 21 December. Grab another cup of Champagne or Egg Nor, it's almost here. 
normal_smile%20.gif
 I'm not really into Red/Shades of Red ink - it'd have to be very subtle; muted. Well, for personal writing. I do like Red inks when used differently...

Subtle and muted....hmmm...Momiji isn't. Its hard to make red a subtle color.

Meanwhile I've developed an interest in the Diamine Damson.  As close to aubergine as it can get; I've been looking for that shade.

Dec 20, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #2,334 of 2,804

Subtle and muted....hmmm...Momiji isn't. Its hard to make red a subtle color.

Meanwhile I've developed an interest in the Diamine Damson.  As close to aubergine as it can get; I've been looking for that shade.

That DD looks gorgeous. It almost looks like it has a bit of Gray mixed in for a really nice shade.

Dec 20, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #2,335 of 2,804
That DD looks gorgeous. It almost looks like it has a bit of Gray mixed in for a really nice shade.

Yes, its on the gray side of the spectrum.
A recent google search revealed that the De Aramentis aubergine is true aubergine, and it seems so. But Diamine has a better reputation...

Salamander and Damson. On the list.

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #2,336 of 2,804

Yes, its on the gray side of the spectrum.
A recent google search revealed that the De Aramentis aubergine is true aubergine, and it seems so. But Diamine has a better reputation...

Salamander and Damson. On the list.

What shade would you say is your avatar's clothing?

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #2,338 of 2,804
The FPN is down, in the midst of a change of servers. Its hard to find an alternative forum...well, we have this thread.

Dec 27, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #2,340 of 2,804
In other news, the rebadged Pilot Falcon comes with the SEF nib option...now I don't know if I should get that or the Metal falcon with the SEF nib. Might spring the extra for the metal...I've already given my resin falcon some scuffing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back