Pedal-fi: Post your effects board!
Oct 16, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #16 of 47
The Ocd is one of my favorite pedals. It responds very nicely to my guitar volume and has a very clear and gritty sound. I run mine on eighteen volts as opposed to nine and it really brings the treble out!

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #17 of 47
Let's see...

Guitar--> Boss TU-2 (tuner)--> Boss DD-3 Delay--> Maxon TS 808 (Overdrive)--> Digitech PDS 8000 (8 second delay, looper)--Mono--> Line 6 14 second delay/looper --stereo--> Lexicon MPX 100 reverb --stereo--> 1965 Fender Blackface Deluxe Amp, 1966 Fender Princeton Reverb Amp.

George L's Cables.

Oct 17, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #19 of 47
That 8 sec. delay is no ordinary delay! It is more like a sampler/looper. It also has on-the-fly time pitch shifting. And the Line 6 is another looper. So mostly it is a looping setup. Loops and Clean tones through great amps and a good overdrive pedal is all I need, I guess. I suppose I could use a Big Muff.

Oct 17, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #20 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That 8 sec. delay is no ordinary delay! It is more like a sampler/looper. It also has on-the-fly time pitch shifting. And the Line 6 is another looper. So mostly it is a looping setup. Loops and Clean tones through great amps and a good overdrive pedal is all I need, I guess. I suppose I could use a Big Muff.

you've got some great amps there too
tongue.gif
but yeah, I supposed a Big Muff wouldn't hurt. Thats second on my hit list, need a reverb first.

Oct 18, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #22 of 47
hey those George L's - there's a spool of it over at Ludlow Guitars, you can just pick your length and make your own cable on the spot with any type of connector too, RA or straight.

big muff - if that isn't the way to intro into some nasty fuzz to remind you that you're playing an ELECTRIC guitar, i dunno what will! i replaced mine with a Zvex Fuzz Probe that can Muff it plus some, but there's something alluring about that big old nasty tin box.

my wah is coming home soon so when it does i'll post everything in its glory!

Oct 20, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #23 of 47
When will it end!??!

I am the proud new owner of an Epiphone Valve Junior Class A 5 Watt Tube Amplifier Head, and an Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff. Sweet, sweet, crunchy warm tones! Pictures will be taken tomorrow (need good lighting) after I pick up a speaker cable and another power supply (9 volts are expensive)

I need to rebuild my pedal board now too, I'm just going to have 1 for distortion and 1 for flangers, delay, etc. Then, when I get an amp with an effects loop I'll be all set.

Oct 20, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #24 of 47
pedalboard1.jpg

valvejuniorandvoxdetail.jpg

I am in love with the Valve Junior. Great little amp
smily_headphones1.gif

anyways, you can see a few new pedals in the chain there - an EHX Nano Clone, EHX Little Big Muff, and the plain box with 2 chrome knobs on it is my DIY Tremolo pedal. Sounds GREAT with the LBM
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #26 of 47
Bah, I finally got all my pedals all lined up...and I didn't have enough connectors! Just ordered up a few so I can get the delay in stereo properly. I'll have to get a Pedal Power 2 and Pedalboard eventually, but not a high priority right now since I don't play out and never really need all the pedals all at the same time.

pedal008.jpg

Oct 21, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #27 of 47
Nice setup Jahn! I especially like the vintage amps. I once owned the keeley ts9 dx and loved it for blues riffs. How I regret selling it! What are your impressions on the TREX delay? I'm thinking of getting one, but since I"ve already got 3 delays, (boss dd6, maxon ad9, and a EH deluxe memory man), I'm kinda wondering whether it would be worth getting.

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #28 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodydoorknob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice setup Jahn! I especially like the vintage amps. I once owned the keeley ts9 dx and loved it for blues riffs. How I regret selling it! What are your impressions on the TREX delay? I'm thinking of getting one, but since I"ve already got 3 delays, (boss dd6, maxon ad9, and a EH deluxe memory man), I'm kinda wondering whether it would be worth getting.

The T.Rex Replica Delay Pedal is AWESOME. Especially with my Frankenwhipple Wah busting loose! I like the brownout switch too, and the subdivision switch - both in effect in this vid!

The tap tempo select worked like a charm, and the best part is the stereo out - the Epi amp is getting the dry signal and the Music Man amp is getting the delay signal. It sounds so lush, my crappy mono camera doesn't do this pedal justice!

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #29 of 47
I don't have a pic of my setup... maybe one day I'll take a pic. I often change my pedal order, but here it is...

Fender Telecaser -> Ibanez DE-7 -> DBA Total Sonic Annhilation => (TSA Loop) Some chorus pedal (sorry don't remember) -> Boss SD-1 -> Custom built Fuzz pedal I made (end of TSA loop) => DOD 440 -> Lafayette Echo-Verb -> Line 6 DL-4 (with expression pedal) -> Fender Twin Reverb.

sometimes I put a Digitech Whammy 4 or a EHX Big Muff in there... depends on my mood...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back