Pedal-fi: Post your effects board!
Oct 15, 2007 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

bloodydoorknob

500+ Head-Fier
Saw a thread like this at harmony central and I thought it would be interesting to see what effects/pedals the musicians on head-fi use. I'd post mine but I'm too lazy at the moment. Doesn't matter what instrument you play, just post away!

Oct 15, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #2 of 47
My rig for the gig that I've been playing for the past month is this:

Code:

Code:
[left]Electric bass---+ +--A/B switch-->Ernie ball volume pedal-->Acoustic Image Clarus Amp-->Raezer's Edge cabinet Upright bass ---+ | | Boss TU-2 tuner Shure PSM 200[/left]

My guitar rig is usually something like this:

Code:

Code:
[left]Guitar --> Boss TU-2 --> Reverend Drivetrain Overdrive --> Reverend Hellhound 40/60[/left]

Though, depending on what I'm playing, I'll sometimes use a POD Line6 XTLive. When I use the Line6, depending on the situation, I'll sometimes run the Line6 into the Shure PSM-200 (which is a wireless in-ear monitor system) and then either directly to the PA or into the power amp input on the Reverend Hellhound (bypassing the pre-amp).

Oct 15, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #3 of 47
august07-violinrig1.jpg

since this picture I've added a EHX Nano Clone chorus pedal and a DIY Build Your Own Clone Tremolo pedal.

For recordings of my violin in various styles go to http://mark.hayden31.com/music (there's also some techno on there that I uploaded for a music class I'm taking)

edit- description of teh rig (picture isn't the clearest)

Violin > Whammy > Wah > Death Metal > Bad Monkey > Turbo Flanger > Nano Clone > DIY Tremolo > Delay. Everything but the delay is looped through the Boss NS-2 to reduce background noise and overdrive / distortion hiss.

Oct 15, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #4 of 47
zoom_GFX5.jpg

Zoom GFX-5

This is the only pedal I have right now. It's capable of damn near anything, but it's too damn confusing to operate outside of preset tones.

GAD

Oct 15, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #5 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
august07-violinrig1.jpg

since this picture I've added a EHX Nano Clone chorus pedal and a DIY Build Your Own Clone Tremolo pedal.

For recordings of my violin in various styles go to http://mark.hayden31.com/music (there's also some techno on there that I uploaded for a music class I'm taking)

edit- description of teh rig (picture isn't the clearest)

Violin > Whammy > Wah > Death Metal > Bad Monkey > Turbo Flanger > Nano Clone > DIY Tremolo > Delay. Everything but the delay is looped through the Boss NS-2 to reduce background noise and overdrive / distortion hiss.

Very interesting sound! I like it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #9 of 47
my board changes depending on what i'm doing at the time

Oct 15, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #10 of 47
This Pignose is bad assed. I picked it up at the musician's flea market for $200 and it already has good NOS tubes and a MojoTone AlNiCo 10" vintage type speaker. I also just scored a fairly new 12" Eminence/Fender speaker from a Blues Jr that I'm going to build a 1x12 box for, so that I can stack the piggy on top of it.
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #12 of 47
thats hot. edit - I REALLY like the interconnects your using between pedals, got a link?

as soon as I have time I'm going to build 2 smaller pedalboards, one for whammy / wah / distortion, and the other for FX like flange, phase, chorus, delay, etc. That way, when I get an amp with an effects loop I won't have to rebuild.

Oct 16, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #13 of 47
WOW.

I never even thought of making/getting a pedalboard since I never gig out. All my pedals are kinda sitting in drawers and on shelves, and I pull one or two as needed. but i just got a few plugs on ebay so i could string them all up, so i'll take a pic of em all once the plugs are here!

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #15 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodydoorknob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got around to taking a pic of mine. Here it is:

I see your fulltone OCD there, is it any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back