Pearstone Pads for MDR-V6?
Jun 2, 2013 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know where to get them? The usual source for them a few months ago was BHPhotoVideo, but they seemed to have discontinued the line.

I was debating between getting the Beyerdynamic pads and the Pearstone pads, and heard that the Pearstone doesnt change the sound signature while improving comfort. The beyerdynamic apparently does the same, but changes the sound signature, this is not what I want.

Does anyone know where I can purchase these pads for a reasonable price in Canada?

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 17
Jun 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 17
I think the Auray pads are the same as the Pearstone pads as suggested by the fact that the Auray pads appear under a search for Pearstone on Amazon. BHPhotoVideo sells the Aurays. 

I have them and you can tell that the highs aren't as sparkly if you compare it side by side with a stock pad V6, but it's a really small difference and I can't really tell in everyday use. They do definitely isolate less though. 

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #5 of 17
I'm just trying to get some pads for the poor thing because one of the pleather pads on it are disintegrating at a rapid pace (while the other is fine...) and they make my ears hot sometimes. Apparently the Pearstones remedies both issues. Hope that the sound doesnt change too much as I love how the sound sig is now.

Also, I dont think. amazon.com ships to Canada; or atleast not headphones. Does anyone have any alternate links?

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:
Does anyone know where to get them? The usual source for them a few months ago was BHPhotoVideo, but they seemed to have discontinued the line.

I was debating between getting the Beyerdynamic pads and the Pearstone pads, and heard that the Pearstone doesnt change the sound signature while improving comfort. The beyerdynamic apparently does the same, but changes the sound signature, this is not what I want.

Does anyone know where I can purchase these pads for a reasonable price in Canada?

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Auray-Deluxe-Velour-Earpads-Pair/dp/B005GC7YJ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370226610&sr=8-1&keywords=pearstone+pads

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #12 of 17
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/886945-REG/Auray_epd_mdr7506_Deluxe_Velour_Earpads_Pair.html

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #14 of 17

I think the Auray pads are the same as the Pearstone pads as suggested by the fact that the Auray pads appear under a search for Pearstone on Amazon. BHPhotoVideo sells the Aurays. 

Quote:
Quote:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/886945-REG/Auray_epd_mdr7506_Deluxe_Velour_Earpads_Pair.html

Theeeeere we go! And it ships to Canada! Thank you everyone!

I won't take the credit, but Think said it very early in this thread, and you looked over it(?). So props to Think because I just took his idea and linked it to you lol.

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

I won't take the credit, but Think said it very early in this thread, and you looked over it(?). So props to Think because I just took his idea and linked it to you lol.

Oh woops! You're right. I saw his suggestion to look for the Aurays at Amazon, and upon not seeing it sold there, I skipped to the next reply, forgetting there was more to it >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back