PDX Portland Oregon Meet Summer 2008
Jul 11, 2008 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Andrew H

Member of the Trade: Maximo Products
Confirmed:
Saturday, Aug 23 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
RiverPlace Athletic Club
Lunch included, tickets $15 (just kidding!)

Hi Folks,

I haven't noticed any threads started on this yet, so I'd like to throw it out there. Can we do another summer meet? Nothing in stone at this point, but I'm thinking mid-late August.

How does everyone feel about the location and setup that we had last year (the Riverplace Athletic Club)? If we can get a rough head count, I'll get it booked.

Let me know any date preferences, location preferences, and any changes you'd like to see from last year.

Thanks,
Andrew H

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #4 of 42
Hey Andrew

thanks for the initiative, have toyed with the idea but it somehow always lost more momentum than just an idle thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We seem to be well under the radar here, so perhaps some PM'ing the attendees from last year is in order...

Yeah, every now and then I need a good kick to the side of the head.

I'm game, preferably not the last weekend in August. Venue was good and on the trimet lines so it should suit most.

The only new toy I have is the SOHA II, perhaps we can persuade smeggy to trek down from his hideout up north to bring some of his wonderful creations.

There are quite a few new faces I have seen on HF, hopefully we can pull a decent crowd..dB

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #6 of 42
Wow...its been ages since i logged on here....am down for a meet after the 10th...

Kudos to Andrew for taking the initiative this year too..

I might have a home brew DAC with me this time along with the mini3 amp.

@dBel84, Always look forward to seeing and mostly hearing what you have to bring to the table.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #7 of 42
Got the PM from Andrew today - thanks for that or I might have missed this! Since last year I have built a CK²III which can been seen here. I also have a SOHA that didn't make is last year due to a dumb grounding error, and my diamond buffered Millett Hybrid which many of you saw last year. Any dates/times should work for me since I recently graduated and am still unemployed
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #8 of 42
Edited post to keep tabs of who might come and what they might bring if in fact they do come :wink:

HFs:
AndrewH

vertigoacid
sbyers
sachu
dBel84
devwild

wcp6
trickywombat

snoopy

AMPs

1. SOHA II
2. Stacker
3. EHHA
4. the amp that shall remain nameless
5. Millett
6. CKKIII
7. mini3
10. Dared MP-5
11. M3

HPs

1. Beyer DT770 x2
2. AKG 501
3. Sony MDR-SA5000
4. HD600
5. HD580
7. Stax SR004/SRM006t

Source

Elektor Audio DAC2000 & Onkyo DV-S717

??scott nixon dac
CDP x2
laptop
zero dac?

if someone has a B22, I would really like to hear one
smily_headphones1.gif
..dB

Jul 24, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 42
It's not set in stone at this moment, but I'm planning to book for Saturday the 23rd, 10am-2pm. The weekend following will be Labor Day weekend, and people are more likely to have travel plans.

Setup will be similar to last year (if you weren't there, you have to use your imagination -- there are no pics!). Again, I'd love to hear your suggestions for what we might be able to do better.

@dB, it's great if you can keep a tally!

-Andrew H

Jul 28, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #11 of 42
Hey, I just found out about the thread, sorry for the lack of comment. At the moment, I think mid-late august would be fine, and I was also happy with the locale from last time.

I'll be back, just wanted to chime in real quick.

Jul 29, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #12 of 42
I would love to come. This would be a first for me. I don't have super high end gear, DT770 PX100 Total Bithead, but I would like to upgrade and learn more. Especially now that I've graduated and gotten a job. You think it would still be cool if I came? Any weekend in August would be fine.

Jul 29, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #13 of 42
Yes absolutely, the more the merrier. Everyone is welcome and it is not essential to bring any gear along ( obviously if you have something to share , we would love to hear it )
..dB

Jul 30, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #14 of 42
I registered earlier today to post here when I got off work..

I enjoy quality music but haven't had much of an opportunity to listen to some really good phones. I'm interested in purchasing a higher-end pair, and was wondering how a meet like this usually goes. Do people usually bring some equipment they've mod'd etc for people to listen to and talk about with them?

Overall I'd like to try a lot of phones, the D5000, hd650, etc before I make any sort of purchase and there's no B&M place to audition around here. I'd also love to learn more about tubes and solid-state amps, and maybe hear them to find out their effects. Would I be welcome to come despite my inexperience? Would I typically be able to listen to a few different setups to possibly decide what I wanted to buy?

Thanks a lot
Sam

Jul 30, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #15 of 42
We would love to see you there and twist your ear about the virtues of headphones
biggrin.gif
. You would be more than welcome to try any of the equipment there, but there is no guarantee that you will get to hear the specific brands that you are after. There would normally be a fair representation of what's available, allowing you to decide broadly on likes and dislikes ..dB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back