PCDP Line-Out Shoot-Out... Anyone interested?
Apr 17, 2003 at 6:19 AM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by purk
Jaskin,
I remember that u had D-303 b/f. How do you like the D-311? I just love my CD3K w/ D-311 headphone out!

Purk

Hi Purk,

I've had the D555 before too : ). My D303 came with the case and the finish was almost perfect. It sounded great with the Beyer DT250-250, however I'm sure it could be improved with an amp.

Vwap: Nope the cd player hasn't come yet! It'll be here soon though. Can't wait... However I only have the Koss KSC 35 right now to test it.

EDIT: Hey look at the number of posts I have
smily_headphones1.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 17, 2003 at 6:36 AM Post #47 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by jaskin
EDIT: Hey look at the number of posts I have
smily_headphones1.gif
tongue.gif

jaskin
100+ Member

Hehe.. you must really be looking forward to the 311
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2003 at 7:05 AM Post #48 of 57
Right...

The review is coming... Soon
very_evil_smiley.gif

Do you guys want it as a 'fight to the finish', or just each player 'reviewed' independently?

Apr 17, 2003 at 8:53 AM Post #49 of 57
Quote:

Do you guys want it as a 'fight to the finish', or just each player 'reviewed' independently?

since you're gettin soo many of these...might as well spend the time to do both....you know you want to
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 17, 2003 at 4:20 PM Post #50 of 57
Duncan,

You really need the D-303 to complete your Sony collection. You won't regret the D-303!

Purk

Apr 18, 2003 at 9:28 PM Post #51 of 57
Purk...

I'm on the lookout for a D303
biggrin.gif

Hey, is anyone interested in proof-reading what I have so far, to see if they want it to carry on in the direction i'm going?

I'd rather change now, than when its all typed up
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Apr 18, 2003 at 11:53 PM Post #52 of 57
I got today an old RCA pcdp (acidtripow posted pictures in the post "legendary pcdp"). Very basic unit, powered by 4AA or 9V. It has a 16bit dac, "three beam laser" (???). It is about all plastic but kinda heavy.

This tank surprised me a bit. The headphones out is useless on mine. So much noise that it is unlistenable. But damn powerfull, probably even more powerfull than the old sony I had. Too much noise anyway, let's forget about it.

The good stuff is the line-out. I miss old sony pcdps to make a direct comparative but it seems to compare quite well. Stronger (too strong for HD580 !), less bass heavy than the D33 but less bright than the D25s. Sometimes a bit hissy perhaps. The sound is perhaps a bit cold but not to the point of the D25s. It miss perhaps a bit of the details of the sony.

Good buy for 1$ + shipping
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2003 at 6:44 PM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan

The most detailed the better. Qualitative and quantitative (descriptions and ratings). Don´t forget to post the music you're using and describe the sound of some easy to find songs. Remember to do headphone out too, please. And talk about fun or enjoyment factors, don´t be so technical and cold. By the way, include some technichal specs too.
evil_smiley.gif

Yeah, I'm asking too much, but you started the whole thing...
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2003 at 6:50 PM Post #54 of 57
Sacriste...

Currently i'm only limiting myself to three songs (if they're not liked when I post the review, I guess I can add another song or two
wink.gif
)

Also - A rundown of all the units including tech specs (as much as I know) - followed by a headphone out comparison (almost completed), line out comparison (not started yet
redface.gif
), and then a ratings section...

...As of now i'm up to 6000 words, so its going to be quite an epic
redface.gif

I just hope its worth it
smily_headphones1.gif

More later

Duncan

Apr 19, 2003 at 7:17 PM Post #55 of 57
I can't wait Duncan.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm sure it will be a great read. Thanks for helping to maintain the portable forum's coolness.
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2003 at 10:51 PM Post #56 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
...As of now i'm up to 6000 words, so its going to be quite an epic
redface.gif

----------------

Discman Review: 75% Complete... I'm getting there!

I just love seeing the meter make it's way upwards.
biggrin.gif
Every time I come back and read a update of some sort from ya, the meter rises.
smily_headphones1.gif
Looking forward to it Duncan!

Apr 20, 2003 at 2:35 PM Post #57 of 57
and here it is...

I hope its everything you wanted it to be
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back