PCB manufaturer recommendations ?
Jul 31, 2003 at 10:20 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by tangent
[
[size=small]CustomPCB[/size]

I saw pictures of aos's boards, and they were total crap. I'm not even talking about the invisible failures that caused him so much difficulties. The solder plating wasn't leveled, it was all very rough looking...yick. I'm not inclined to be as charitable with them. You would just have to look at the results coming out of manufacturing to know you were producing junk. They shouldn't have taken any orders at all using that process. Maybe they'd be okay if you were making boards for a tube amp with huge traces and wide spaces, but for tight work, forget about it. It's better than etching boards by hand, but only just. [/B]

Agreed. Had my original KGSS layout done with them; no pad on the board lasted longer than one solder/desolder/solder. Traces came up seriously easily, and the holes were sloppily made also. Overall the board quality was abysmal.

Advanced Circuits is excellent in terms of quality, IMHO. KGSS boards have survived many solder/desolders with not a single lifted pad, the soldermask is high quality (unlike the stuff that vaporizes at the touch of the soldering iron, the stuff that CustomPCB uses), and they even sent me a cool free coaster!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back