PC speakers recommendations
Dec 14, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #31 of 39
If you want to spend the money, I've heard good things about the Klipsch ifi vs their Promedia 2.1, because they use the same satellites as home-theater systems. They cost over $300, though.

Dec 23, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #33 of 39
Ive been using a set of Z560s for the past 3 years. I do enjoy them, but there is WAAY to much bass in this sub. Its nice if you want to blow your house up for a party or to show off, but for normal gaming its alittle too much. I have it almost down all the way in the Creative control panel on my audigy. If you NEED pc speakers, i belive the best choice is Klipsch.

I wonder guys..if your using a normal stereo setup for your PC, when you game..do you get normal surround sound? Im guessing you cant use EAX or any surround sound via your sound card if you not using the card itself? I know you can prob do pro logic. Hmm...

Dec 24, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by DsLFoolisH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about the creative gigaworks t20, 2.0 speakers? no sub to muddy up the music. supposedly pretty good too, if you arent a bass-head (according to reviews).

Yes, good point, my housemate has a pair of Cambridge Soundworks PC SBS52, a 2.0 set he paid $15 Australian for, which sound *way* more balanced and cleaner than any PC speaker set I've ever had.

Dec 24, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #36 of 39
Ive heard that logitech are ok for pc speakers.

If i was you though id steer away from the idea of 2.1 pc speakers for the price range that you are after ud be better getting a decent set of bookshelves.Budget 2.1 systems sound ok but the separation between them is immense!This is due to budget really the more you spend on 2.1 systems the more they tailor the crossovers etc to help a better sound come through

Dec 25, 2006 at 12:41 PM Post #37 of 39
I have had these speakers (2.1) for about 8mths now & am very happy with the SQ of these speakers. Bass box is not a "doof doof" sub but just kicks in when it needs to ... they have a very small footprint .. look great and sound excellent. I really can't remember how much i paid for them in Aus but i think around the $AU200.00 mark.

Dec 25, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #38 of 39
I use a pair of 6.5" Pioneer bookshelves I bought from Circuit City cheap. Theyre not bad speakers, and sound excellent when you fill em up with Acousti-stuf. These are hooked to my Onkyo TX8511 stereo/amp and my Entech Number Cruncher. Its nice having a headphone jack on the front of the receiver since this supplies amplification to my headphones.

Dec 25, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #39 of 39
I use a USB dac (stereolink) going to a Cyrus III integrated and that drives a set of B&W LM1 speakers. For bass I use a custom made 10" sub in a folded port box with an 1000 watt dedicated subwoofer amp. The stereolink has a headphone out that I plug into one of my CMOYs if I want to listen to my Sennheiser HD 600's. (I have much better headphone amps but I dont have room on my desk!!!)

1524832671_l.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back