PC soundcard died, need USB DAC
Jan 29, 2012 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

akki007

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, my laptop soundcard died so I'm in the market for a USB DAC to replace the £1 USB soundcard I got off eBay as an interim measure!

so, I can get the Fiio E10 for £53 from MP4Nation but am wondering if there is anything better for the price?

i was considering the e17 but I don't want to spend that much at them moment! Any alternatives to the e10?

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
Hi all, my laptop soundcard died so I'm in the market for a USB DAC to replace the £1 USB soundcard I got off eBay as an interim measure!

so, I can get the Fiio E10 for £53 from MP4Nation but am wondering if there is anything better for the price?

i was considering the e17 but I don't want to spend that much at them moment! Any alternatives to the e10?

There are some from Hifiman DAC's but if you want good sound as well. the E10 should be a good choice. i have the e17 and they say they are very similar. love the E17 :D

DAC's and amps are really more to be more deeper. does the E10 work as a great DAC? yes.(probably) but on head fi. we talk about synergizing. the question is what are ur heapdhoens and what genre's.

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #3 of 6
There are some from Hifiman DAC's but if you want good sound as well. the E10 should be a good choice. i have the e17 and they say they are very similar. love the E17 :D

DAC's and amps are really more to be more deeper. does the E10 work as a great DAC? yes.(probably) but on head fi. we talk about synergizing. the question is what are ur heapdhoens and what genre's.

Sorry i should have said, I'm using my laptop to mix and master an album in cubase and soundforge. I'm using the nice revealing superlux hd668b headphones for the process. I think the e10 will give me what i need.

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Sorry i should have said, I'm using my laptop to mix and master an album in cubase and soundforge. I'm using the nice revealing superlux hd668b headphones for the process. I think the e10 will give me what i need.

if you think so and like the reviews then i guess it would be fine with you. i can't really think of another well received DAC and amp under $100 that can best the E10 :/ ...hmm..theres the ibasso D-Zero..but most like the fiio sound better(i don't ahve it, only know from reviews and what most say)

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the help, I've ordered the e10, hopefully its a huge step up from the current $1 USB sound card from eBay!!

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Thanks for the help, I've ordered the e10, hopefully its a huge step up from the current $1 USB sound card from eBay!!

I wouldve asked u to wait until someone with e10 passed by to give u a definite answer. But i guess u really liked the E10 reviews. I only have the E17 but when using e17 as dac difference is small between two so i guess i do have some elegibility to this answer. If u needed a sub hundred dollar card for sound and audio. I GUESS the e10 is for u. I wouldve liked other members to come and have suggestions as well. But whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back