PC laptop does not recognize usp dac
Nov 18, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudbone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a predator DAC, laptop with windows vista, My computer syncs ipod, but does not recognize my predator DAC, do I need a driver?

You would be best advised to check with the manufacturer. If it needs drivers it would have been supplied with them.

Some things to try

1) The cable , do you have an external USB device you can use to check that your cable is okay ?

2) Can you test the DAC out with a different PC, any PC just to see if it can be recognised, if it can the problem is with your notebook.

I hate to be patronising but can I check that all the following are true

1) You have the DAC set to USB not Input (switch on front)
2) You only have the USB input connected

When the amp is used with an external source, the USB circuitry is completely disconnected from that of the amp as if it never exists

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 5
Nick Charles, Thanks for the reply. I checked the dac with cable on my wifes notebook and it popped right up.When I tried her remote mouse stick on my notebook it did not recognize it. My notebook is about six months old. Predator is set to dac and is on.

Nov 19, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #5 of 5
Then it's obviously not a problem with the Predator, but with the USB port on your laptop (if I read correctly, a USB Memory stick doesn't work either).

Try another USB port, see if you've disabled USB or forgot to install drivers.

If it's none of the above, try this.

1) Start -> Run "devmgmt.msc"
2) Make sure you don't have any question or exclamation marks anywhere.
3) Make sure your "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section has at least one host controller and hub
4) Plug in the Predator, click the "Scan for hardware changes" button at the top and see if it appears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back