PC game suggestion?
Jul 16, 2006 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

PYROphonez

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering if any of you guys know of some good games, made around 2004 or so, which are also no more than around 30 bucks tops.

I have:
CS:S
DoD:S
HL2: DM
WoW
UT 2004

I was thinking of maybe getting Halo PC. Is it worth it? I already have other great online FPS's. Is halo for pc a good online game (that includes the CE edition)?

I'm open to any suggestions, but I gotta know by later today.

Thanks in advance.
580smile.gif

Jul 16, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 25
How about Call of Duty?

Jul 16, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
How about Call of Duty?

I've heard good things about it, and I also know it's cheaper than most other games.
tongue.gif
WWII games aren't my favorite thing, but it's a possibility. I doubt I would play the single player at all, as I pretty much only play multiplayer games lately. How does it compare with online games like BF1942 (I have it, but it won't run. I still have to contact them) or any of the other FPS's listed above?

Jul 16, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
I've heard good things about it, and I also know it's cheaper than most other games.
tongue.gif
WWII games aren't my favorite thing, but it's a possibility. I doubt I would play the single player at all, as I pretty much only play multiplayer games lately. How does it compare with online games like BF1942 (I have it, but it won't run. I still have to contact them) or any of the other FPS's listed above?

It is a linear FPS, but it does a great job at making you feel like you are part of a squad. Plus it still looks and sounds great on a good PC. One of my favorite games all time. F.E.A.R. may be worth a look as well. The graphics are sweet. I heard it just gets a bit redundant as the levels go. No idea on it's MP abilities though.

Jul 16, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
It is a linear FPS, but it does a great job at making you feel like you are part of a squad. Plus it still looks and sounds great on a good PC. One of my favorite games all time. F.E.A.R. may be worth a look as well. The graphics are sweet. I heard it just gets a bit redundant as the levels go. No idea on it's MP abilities though.

I actually beat the demo in a good 30 minutes the other day. Very nice graphics, but I doubt my pc would run it and still have it look nice. I was playing it somewhere else, in a computer lab with better gfx cards.

Jul 16, 2006 at 4:15 PM Post #7 of 25
Call of Duty, Swat 4 and Splinter Cell or Splinter Cell II (whatever that was called) were(are) good games.

Other games a tad older than that but definantly worth having a look at

Baldurs Gate series
Fallout Series
Icewind Dale series
Star Wars: KotOR / II

Jul 16, 2006 at 4:46 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
Guildwars.

I was actually thinking of that game for ages, but I don't like the idea of only having other people with you in cities, and you must have a group if you go to quest.

Which is better? Factions or Original?

Jul 16, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #10 of 25
well, the game is designed so that most of the quests can only be done with a party not yourself, and it is different from WoW that once you step out of the town you can only see yourself and whatever is in your party (max 8 players), so it is not as messy as WoW and there is no PK feature in Guildwars, and you can easily reach the maximum level before reaching halfway point in the game, so you don't play just for experience points. I haven't played factions yet so i can't comment on that. Thesedays I just play gvg and pvp since much of the map have already been explored.

Jul 16, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #12 of 25
FAR CRY!!!

'Twas the best FPS of 2004 by far. The enemy AI has been eclipsed only by F.E.A.R, the jungle graphics haven't been surpassed yet (the rendition of water is the most realistic yet), a variety of drivable vehicles (armed boats, armed jeeps, even a glider!), and it's the most non-linear FPS evar! There are literally countless ways to chart your path through the islands, there is NO set path you have to follow.

Jul 17, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #13 of 25
Another vote for Far Cry. To Asr's comments I'll add that for me, Far Cry has more replay value than any game I've owned since Deus Ex. Lots of ways through an area, lots more enjoyment than usual in thinking "I wonder if I could have done that better" and going back to find out.

Jul 17, 2006 at 12:46 PM Post #15 of 25
My PC sucks for gaming, but I'd give another vote for Far Cry. I have it for my xbox and it's a great game...very open like ASR said and the graphics should be better than my xbox depending on your PC...give it a look...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back