Paypal allowed someone to steal from me.
Jul 30, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The moral of the story:

Only ship to the US or Canada, and avoid using USPS.

Yep.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nah, moral of the story is DON'T use paypal. Ask for MO instead, that is if you are a seller. Paypal as a buyer is actually fine, there's just alot less "seller-scammer" than "buyer-scammer"

No, the moral of the story is don't use paypal to sell to places where you wouldn't take a check from. The problem isn't really paypal, it's the countries in question. Paypal does what the law requires.

Jul 30, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #20 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicArmada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tell paypal this, and I don't get a response after ~2 weeks. I've also lost contact with the buyer.

Paypal is a true ****. They're after their own *** when the seller refuses to resolve the situation.

I'll find some time to post my own case. I even had my case complaint to BBB. My next step is to get my bank (CC issuer) to get involve.

I won't let Paypal get away...
frown.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paypal is a true ****. They're after their own *** when the seller refuses to resolve the situation.

I'll find some time to post my own case. I even had my case complaint to BBB. My next step is to get my bank (CC issuer) to get involve.

I won't let Paypal get away...
frown.gif

Good luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #22 of 40
Uh, yikes... I may start my own thread about PayPal. I won an item on June 29th and never received it. PayPal investigated and issued a refund, and until a few days ago, the status of the refund was "pending." I received this message from PayPal today:

Quote:

"We have completed our investigation of this case. We attempted to process a refund from the seller's account to your account. Unfortunately, the seller's account does not contain the funds necessary to cover this refund. We were able to recover $200 USD. We have taken action against the seller and are working to recover the remainder of your refund. We will contact you when we have more information. No further action is required of you at this time."

The money they recovered is less than a third of what I paid. What exactly do you think they're doing to recover the rest of the money? Hrmph...

Aug 1, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The money they recovered is less than a third of what I paid. What exactly do you think they're doing to recover the rest of the money? Hrmph...

I'm still waiting for the remaining on a transaction with a headfier from Canada, BTW with a nice feedback, that is why I do not trust the feedbacks neither, see williamgoody and many others, they are good till one day that decided to become a crock, hopefully that day will not be with me...that guy sold me two EL34 Webcor tubes IIRC, that never showed up, I contacted Payal, and as the guy was located in Canada, that is what I got, $15.00 from $50.00 plus shipping I paid, still waiting for the rest, that was about 5 years ago, I owned at that time the MGHead DT go and figure, that was my first amp...So do not be so sure that Canada is covered neither, most of the times they only get for you what the buyer has in the acount...

BTW that was my only beef with Paypla in almost 5 years using it, no problems of any kind from that point on, but I take a lot of precautions while dealing...in other words, "in God we trust", and only in God....
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 1, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh, yikes... I may start my own thread about PayPal. I won an item on June 29th and never received it. PayPal investigated and issued a refund, and until a few days ago, the status of the refund was "pending." I received this message from PayPal today:

What's happened to the "Paypal buyer's protection" ? It's a scam ?

Aug 1, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, the moral of the story is don't use paypal to sell to places where you wouldn't take a check from. The problem isn't really paypal, it's the countries in question. Paypal does what the law requires.

QFT. I don't want to see people being iffy about posting to the EU because of crapheads in China or Nigeria.

Aug 1, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's happened to the "Paypal buyer's protection" ? It's a scam ?

I guess so. Both the seller and I are from the continental U.S. and the transaction was supposed to be covered by their protection policy.

Aug 1, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #27 of 40
And here it is--the loophole in my case, direct from the PayPal User Agreement:

Quote:

13.9 "Every item on eBay (except Live Auctions and vehicles) that meets the above requirements is eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection up to $200.00 USD (Basic Tier Coverage Amount), but items are only eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection up to $2,000.00 USD (Top Tier Coverage Amount) and should be identified as eligible items in the eBay listing if:

1. seller's eBay feedback rating is at least 50;
2. At least 98% of the seller's eBay feedback is positive;
3. The seller has a Verified Premier or Verified Business Account in good standing;
4. The listing was on an eligible eBay site (eBay.com and certain other eBay sites self identified as such)
5. PayPal is listed as an acceptable payment method; and
6. The seller is a PayPal User from one of the following countries:
(list goes here)

He has a Verified Personal account. Darn.
redface.gif
mad.gif

Edit: I guess he also doesn't meet the 50+ criteria.

Aug 1, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #28 of 40
All scammers names and aliases should be posted here or in any discussion about confirmed sour deals. Just give the info man. Its for everyone's good.

Aug 1, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #30 of 40
My case:

Seller: Jonathan Bridgman.
eBay alias: manbridgian.
Paypal : jbridgma@rochester.rr.com

He listed a malfunction, @#$%&* turntable as Excellent, and the broken stylus as "Like new".

I filed complaint and paypal asked me to ship the package back to seller without resolution. I asked paypal to confirm that either the seller or paypal would have to cover the return shipping cost. Paypal does not respond to me, but close the case without communication with me, 2 weeks later.

So, I met a @#$% head, and paypal @#$% me up.

Thanks to Paypal Buyer's "Protection".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back