Paying with paypal when shopping with HeadRoom
Aug 10, 2007 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

nc8000

Headphoneus Supremus
I wil try and post this question here since several email requests to HeadRoom have gone unanswered. I understand that one can pay with paypal when shopping with HeadRoom however you will only sell to verified paypal members with verified shipping addresses. I can understand that you want the member to be verified but why does the shipping address have to be verified ? Since paypal only verifies addresse in conus this means that you effectively only do paypal to conus customers.

Aug 10, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #2 of 12
Hello-

PayPal recommends that merchants require verified addresses so that is our policy.

However, we understand that many users without verified addresses are still legitimate buyers, so it may be that we can verify your information by another method.

I am concerned that you have not received an email response and I'm inclined to believe that we are not receiving your emails or you are not receiving our replies-- as we answer all emails within 24 hours.

It would be good if you could call us at 1-406-587-9466 ext.110-- and if that does not work please send a PM to Jorge, our Sales Manager. You can find him (JorgeC) in this thread... http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=253068

Aug 10, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 12
HI nc8000-

You know, I just sent an email to Roz, our Customer Service Manager, and it looks like she may have forgotten to set an auto response before she left on vacation. She is out until Monday Aug. 13th. So if you have been emailing her, please email Sales instead at sales@headphone.com.
tongue.gif

Sorry for the confusion...

~ Ivy

Aug 10, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 12
All mails I have initiated have been send to sales@headphone.com. I send one about 2 weeks ago while on vacation and received a reply within 24 hours from (I think) Jorge. I then replied to that mail and never received any further replys. Wedensday after returning from vacation I send a new mail again to sales@headphone.com and have had no reply as of yet. I have just checked all spam mailboxes and nothing has been routed there either. My mail is coming from jhl@cdm.dk.

For the moment the query is no longer valid since I have ordered another product from a different supplier when I didn't hear anything back from you but I might well return at a later time (which is the reason I am asking the question in the first place) since I have shopped (credit card) with you several times before and been well satisifed each time.

Aug 10, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PayPal recommends that merchants require verified addresses so that is our policy.

So effectively paypal is saying only to deal with people living in conus. Wonder why they then even accept customers from any other countries.

Anyway thanks for your prompt reply.

Aug 10, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 12
Having been a victim of PayPal buyer fraud, I thought I'd chime in. PayPal offers seller protection only if certain guidelines are met. Two of them being accepting money only from Verified members and shipping to only Confirmed addresses. If you fail to meet a single guideline, you are not eligible for any sort of seller protection. This is huge because in most cases of dispute and/or fraud, PayPal tends to side with the buyer/payer (for business reasons I'm sure). The only way a seller can protect him/herself is to be compliant with the seller protection guidelines.

So it's more than just a "recommendation" from PayPal. It's basically, 'follow our guidelines or leave yourself open to be screwed over'.

Obviously this makes international transactions risky for the seller, without relying on some other form of feedback (like Head-fi for example). However, I was under the impression that you could get your address confirmed in most countries. I guess that's not the case.

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, I was under the impression that you could get your address confirmed in most countries. I guess that's not the case.

The only thing I can do in Denmark is to get my membership verified via the credit card verification scheme. Paypal supports the following 3 ways of confirming a shipping address, option 2 and 3 are only available in the US and option 3 is not supported in Denmark (at least not with my credit card company).

You can confirm your shipping address in three ways:

1. Add a credit card to your PayPal account. By adding a credit card to your account, PayPal can attempt to confirm your address with your credit card company. If the credit card company is not able to confirm your address, you may be asked to complete the Expanded Use enrollment process to activate your credit card. Your address can be confirmed after that process is complete. Note: Not all credit card companies are able to confirm addresses.
2. Apply for PayPal Buyer Credit. If approved, the address on your application will be a confirmed address.
3. Complete Alternate Address Confirmation. This process takes several days and is only available for U.S. accounts. To learn more, log in to your PayPal account and visit the Alternate Address Confirmation page.

Aug 10, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #9 of 12
NC8000 (Jan),

i replied to your e-mail on 8/08/07 at 9:35am Montana local time --the same day it was recvd at HeadRoom... Hopefully you've gotten it by now? Sorry for any delay in responding to your query.

Keep in mind many times spam/junk email filters will block our headphone.com emails. FYI: we strive to reply to all e-mails within 48hrs (weekends not included!) so if your don't see an HR email answer promptly, give a holler on the phone!

Aug 10, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #10 of 12
Insomniac,

Thanks for your insights on the PayPal issue. Unfortunately, HeadRoom has already been worked over pretty good by international PayPal 'chargebacks' costing us tens of thousands of dollars.
frown.gif

Our sole recourse is to insist on verified/authorized PayPal payment & shipping addresses. Otherwise -- as you said -- we are wide-open to being taken for a ride from unscrupulous folks.

Keep in mind another option for international buyers not wanting to pay with a credit card is to get a USA-bank (international) money order for fastest overseas shipping. An international-bank personal check is also fine but will need a minimum of 3-4 weeks to clear our HR corporate bank prior to shipment.

Cheers,

JorgeC

Aug 10, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NC8000 (Jan),

i replied to your e-mail on 8/08/07 at 9:35am Montana local time --the same day it was recvd at HeadRoom... Hopefully you've gotten it by now? Sorry for any delay in responding to your query.

Keep in mind many times spam/junk email filters will block our headphone.com emails. FYI: we strive to reply to all e-mails within 48hrs (weekends not included!) so if your don't see an HR email answer promptly, give a holler on the phone!

No I have not received that reply and it has not gone in any spam folder (I am admin on our company network so I can check all). The reason I wanted to use paypal is because I have sold some stuff here at head-fi and my disposable funds are therefor in my paypal account. Anyway I found another product from a seller that did take paypal regradless of the confirmed address so it is no longer an issue, but thanks for taking time to answer my query here.

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #12 of 12
I want to thank everybody for your participation in this thread, and remind everybody that you should exhaust all other channels before communicating customer service issues here.

nc8000, I understand you had a communication problem, thank you for trying other avenues before coming here.

I'm leaving this thread here as it has some good information in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back