Pavane Amber Tweak
May 10, 2004 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

tortie

Headphoneus Supremus
continuum.jpg

I've seen a lot of weird tweaks, but this one must rank a 10 in the "continuum of tweakery" scale. Has anybody here even considered trying this out?! Come on, come out of the closet
biggrin.gif

"The extent of improvement is far beyond your WILD imagination!"Pavane Amber Tweak

May 10, 2004 at 5:29 AM Post #2 of 13
Wow, that's a nice one.

May 10, 2004 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 13
A short time ago, I was trying to explain to a friend how swapping different interconnects into your system could improve one's perceived sound quality, and he suddenly counters with "You mean like this kind of voodoo ********?"

Pretty well cuts right to the heart of the matter, doesn't it?

D.

May 10, 2004 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demolition
A short time ago, I was trying to explain to a friend how swapping different interconnects into your system could improve one's perceived sound quality, and he suddenly counters with "You mean like this kind of voodoo ********?"

Pretty well cuts right to the heart of the matter, doesn't it?

D.

Still, I wouldn't mind some Tibetian ‘Snow Mountain’ Amber headphone plugs
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2004 at 4:11 PM Post #6 of 13
I ran into these about a year ago, completely bizarre, ranks up there with the rainbow foil and Belts other wierd tweaks for the voodoo of the millenium award.

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS WAITING FOR?!?! FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 3 DAYS OF PURCHASE!! Lol, that means by the time it makes it to you in the mail you're SOL.

Jun 1, 2004 at 11:06 AM Post #7 of 13
After reading this thread I thought I'd ask the opinion of a knowledgeable old friend (Alan Lofft) and former editor of Sound & Vison magazine ( Canada ) and Audio magazine (U.S.) . When we worked together we used to get many a chuckle from some of these "tweaks".

Here's his take on it.

"Dear Mr. Briant,

Your name seems familiar as well.

I checked out the Amber Tweak Pavine that you mentioned and I would suggest that it's particularly effective if you use it as a suppository. While this may be a touch awkward or embarrassing, especially if friends are present, I think you'll find that the improvements in soundstage depth, intertransient silences, and transparency make it all worthwhile. (An added benefit is an overall improvement in regularity, not an inconsiderable benefit at our age)."

Jun 2, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #8 of 13
Now, the real question: what's weirder, this, or Rainbow Foil?

Of course, this proud member of Team Psychosomatics supports Rainbow Foil, but I still realize just how odd a tweak it is. If they gave out free samples of this amber stuff, I would certainly give it a try.

Jun 3, 2004 at 8:34 AM Post #11 of 13
friends call me a stupid but ... what is this ...
I mean i hope no one take this tweak seriously

confused.gif
or should i maybe start to collect stones and put them inside my rig components ?

Jun 3, 2004 at 1:35 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie
I suppose we could start an amber swapping thread
biggrin.gif

But we'd call it amber "rolling".

HOWEVER,
IF you were going to subscribe to such a tweak, why just amber? ANY substance can interact with the "energies of the cosmos" to help the sound of an audio system. Perhaps consulting the literature of crystal energy channelling may come up with other less expensive substances with similar energy channelling properties. Or MORE expensive substances for "TRULY Audiophile sound". Or synthetic substances. There'd be an econo market for synthetic beads of the same sizes. Perhaps other geometries. (WARNING: Keep in mind that for substances with intersticial water layers, putting them in your freezer may do them damage.) IF you were going to subscribe to such a tweak, this could keep you busy for quite a while, AND open up a new market AND boost post counts (did you SEE how many posts the Rainbow Foil thread got up to?).

All of that said in fun ... it's one of those things that you don't actually know until you've tried. I currently like the sound of my system sufficiently that I'm not looking for improvements. For this particular tweak, given the cost of a trial, and the (un)likelihood of a desirable turnout (based on a EE/ME understanding of an audio system), I'm not holding my breath waiting for results from a source I trust. I'm filing the "Amber Tweak" in my "Really Unlikely, But As Yet Undetermined" folder. Positive results from a trusted source would cause me to put it on my can-be-efficacious list. I'm not holding my breath waiting for such results. At this point, it's a fun curiosity. I find it fun and interesting that someone would have tried it, and/or would put it forward as an audio system tweak. I hope that the only people who test it are those who can easily afford to and are doing it just for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back