Patrick's case: you guys mostly aren't acceptable!
Sep 27, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #421 of 583
That should be my line. I believe all other people who use cables are tired to explain the difference because you guys keep ignoring it. You guys always ask for evidence but always ignore the EXPLAINATION OF EVIDENCE. Go back and read all 20 pages and see their explainations. Ignoring what you demand for is the most unacceptable thing I've seen so far.

Sep 27, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #422 of 583
Quote:

Originally Posted by WindowsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey.....give it up. Those franks don't EVEN have chance to try cables. Forgive their dumbness and enjoy the music. I hope their ears aren't broken because sometimes I also couldn't notice the different between CD player and computer lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now your just insulting people, and not adding anything.

You are intending to insult people, and that is unacceptable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that he would have to post something comprehensible in order to actually insult someone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must be reading the bad posts only, but all of WindowsX's posts do this. All they entail are him telling how much better his ears are than everyone else's. Very annoying.

Indeed...if you ever saw/remember his post history, it is full of ignorance and snobbish ideals. It disgusts me that we are still feeding this troll his daily servings.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #423 of 583
And it disgusts me when I see people trying to say cables is ineffective while their ears never meet it. And I guess it's kinda weird speaking about science to people who aren't scientist or just barely know it. cables are carrier and different carrier always brings different sounds. How on earth people never question about changing tube is audible? THINK!

Sep 27, 2007 at 9:59 AM Post #424 of 583
Quote:

And it disgusts me when I see people trying to say cables is ineffective while their ears never meet it. And I guess it's kinda weird speaking about science to people who aren't scientist or just barely know it. cables are carrier and different carrier always brings different sounds. How on earth people never question about changing tube is audible? THINK!

Except that you are advocating the use of very expensive wires (esp. in relation to the gears they are supposed to interconnect). As much as I can hear differences between wires, they are not as large as you would have people believe and as such I find spending big bucks on cables simply absurd. With amps, the additional cost for higher-end models is easily attributable to capacitor number/grade, power supplies number/grade, op-amps, attenuator grade, enclosure quality, filters, etc. With speakers, it is to enclosure quality, woofers/tweeters number/grade, cross-over unit quality, tuning, etc. With wires though, where does all that extra money spent on $1-5K+ cables go beside the metal[size=xx-small]*[/size] wire, insulation and processing (the most plausible explanation but one that needs further clarification on whether/how it improves signal transmission beyond what 'ordinary metal' wire can do)?

And given some of your previous statements (esp. the second line on point 3 you made in this post), you do not come across as someone who has studied electricity/electronics at all. I may not have come from an electrical background (I am chemical), but I know better than to make that sort of ignorant statement.

Regards.

[size=xx-small]*[/size] By metal, I can mean anything since all metals transmit electricity. Taking into account audio contexts however, I will assume this to be copper, silver or any of their hybrids.

Sep 27, 2007 at 11:36 AM Post #425 of 583
Quote:

cables are carrier and different carrier always brings different sounds.

Surely you cannot be suggesting that every cable sounds different from every other cable?

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #426 of 583
Comparing the measurable differences of different tubes to the unmeasurable cable-hokuspokus you're advertising is either a sign of beeing shockingly uninformed or plain stupidity. This is hilarious.
Though i'd nor bet my right kidney that it is possible to distinguish different age-groups of NOS tubes based on their sound sig. Anyway, this is a "hobby" for people with setups missing tone controls.
cool.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #427 of 583
Quote:

Comparing the measurable differences of different tubes to the unmeasurable cable-hokuspokus you're advertising is either a sign of beeing shockingly uninformed or plain stupidity.

The personal attacks and insults don't help the discussion. Talk about the claims rather than the person.

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #428 of 583
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The personal attacks and insults don't help the discussion. Talk about the claims rather than the person.

Righty right; but this is so absurd, i can barely control myself.

But here you go: Tubes produce harmonics. Humans can can hear harmonics over a certain threshold. They even can do it blind.
cool.gif

Besides the treble roll of that a unfortunate combination of in- and outputimpedances and resistance and capatiance of a cable can produce, there's nothing to hear. Period. That's why you have to know if the rat shack or your norse gods cable is playing. Simple as that.
eggosmile.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #429 of 583
The same goes to me. This is absurd, I can barely control myself. Nobody wonders why tube rolling, opamp rolling sound different and they never question for scientific proofs. But as for cables, it's another story. Many people tried to claim with various approaches but yet all of those aren't enough. I'm feeling like we are proving Fermat's the last theorem and too bad there isn't any cable class in my major. Get real, people. Open your mind and just try to replace stock cables with something more appropriate like 10-20% of your system for cost of each cable. I sometimes wonder if it's not audible for their near 1k or more system because of less than $100 cost and they're expecting some miracles of few extras they aren't willing to pay for...

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #431 of 583
ahhh... just known why Thai's forum now is very calm...

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #432 of 583
Off-topic
Let me clear that up to you. Because there isn't any people like Mr. Sunday ... trying to invoke people like me in Thailand's community lately so I can post calmly and no flame war caused by person like him.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #433 of 583
Quote:

cables are carrier and different carrier always brings different sounds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Surely you cannot be suggesting that every cable sounds different from every other cable?

Quote:

Open your mind and just try to replace stock cables with something more appropriate like 10-20% of your system for cost of each cable. I sometimes wonder if it's not audible for their near 1k or more system because of less than $100 cost and they're expecting some miracles of few extras they aren't willing to pay for...

You didn't answer my question earlier, so let me re-ask it in the context of your most recent post. If different cables "always bring different sounds," why is it necessary to spend "10-20% of your system" in order to hear differences?

Quote:

Nobody wonders why tube rolling, opamp rolling sound different and they never question for scientific proofs.

This statement, of course, is absolutely false. As just one example, search for "Aczel" and the threads that discuss his publication, The Audio Critic.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #434 of 583
Then show me your true statements about cables aren't audible. Don't say that only the ones who proposes needs to show the proof. If you want to disprove it, you have to show yours too! I already explained those in other theads like how cable can re-arrange electron, the medium size that affacts signal flow, the division of left/right/ground, etc. and I don't want to repeat all of those again.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #435 of 583
Quote:

Then show me your true statements about cables aren't audible.

I didn't make an assertion that "cables aren't audible."

Can you not answer my question?

Edit: I see that you edited your post, but you still haven't responded to my question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back