Patrick Swayze has 5 weeks left to live...
Mar 6, 2008 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

TheMarchingMule

Headphoneus Supremus
If it wasn't for my (current) English teacher, I would never have known who is he. Great guy, and great actor, and I can't even start to imagine what it's like living when you know you only have so little time left to live.
frown.gif

Patrick Swayze Diagnosed With Cancer, Five Weeks Left to

Patrick Swayze is dying of pancreatic cancer

Mar 6, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 74
I agree with plainsong, that these 'rags' are probably not the best source of information. On the other hand, pancreatic cancer has a pretty slow survival rate iirc.

Brad

Mar 6, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #5 of 74
Isn't that rather harsh comparing The National Enquirer to a rag. I mean, harsh on the rag.

cheers
Simon

Mar 6, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #6 of 74
Pieman, you could be bad three posts ago. You used that up with Van Damme. Calm back down.
wink.gif

Pancreatic cancer is obviously a pretty dangerous illness, but keep in mind this is the same day as the Jobs news. As Plainsong said, perhaps the doctors know the most at this point.

Mar 6, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #9 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pieman, you could be bad three posts ago. You used that up with Van Damme. Calm back down.
wink.gif

This is what happens when one is loitering with not much to do.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pancreatic cancer is obviously a pretty dangerous illness, but keep in mind this is the same day as the Jobs news. As Plainsong said, perhaps the doctors know the most at this point.

I have read the latter media releases and put a lot more faith in those.

Mar 6, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #10 of 74
Not much to do, eh Pieman? Want to organise the next Melbourne meet? I still want to hear your Woo, and your sig is looking bigger than the last time I took note of it!

Mar 6, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #11 of 74
It's the Roadhouse curse. First the blind guitar player, now Swayze. Pray for Sam Elliott.

Mar 6, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #12 of 74
He is not the best actor up there, but thats goes to the most of them, imo. Another, most important thing, he is a very nice guy and his play in Point Break, Ghost and Dirty Dancing are showing that for real. I like the guy and hoping he will make it for a much longer than been said, pure sadness...

Mar 6, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #13 of 74
Its terrible news.
I dont understand how pancreatic cancer kills you.
When diabetics lose use of their pancreas, they go on insulin, so i dont understand why they cant just put him on insulin like a diabetic. I would imagine if its a sick pancreas, then hes dying of high sugar i would think.
Thats like dying from breast cancer. I dont get that either. You dont need them to live. I can see dying from lung cancer, liver cancer, etc.

Mar 6, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #14 of 74
i remember him best in his american saving the indian continent 'city of joy' film that was very good. the good doctor it seems has been stricken with something bad. i hope for the best as my best image (as i have not seen ghost) of him is him helping an orphanage and those who live with skin-rotting disease that i cannot remember the name of...

i do hope for the best but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back