Pathos Inpol Ear Headphone Amplifier
Jan 2, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #571 of 694
I agree the Utopia's do sound excellent with the Inpol Ear. I bought a new pair mid 2022 and have been using the Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable with them but have just purchased the Danacable Lazuli Reference cable they haven't 'burnt in' yet so can't really draw any conclusions yet.
I changed over to a matching pair of Russian Reflector valves mid 2022 and I am very happy with them in the Inpol and plan to purchase another 2.
I've just added a Chord DAVE to my system to replace the Qutest and that has really changed everything, not sure as it is only a month or so old whether that gets better with time. I'm using the RCA phono out cables to the Inpol Ear as the XLR output was a bit too high for the Inpol.
My initial source is an Auralic Aries G1 streamer which I have to say I'm very happy with.
The Silver Dragón in my opinion is the right cable for the 2022. It will provide more “life” to them. The Lazili Reference is a Copper cable so it might be a little too warm for the 2022. It all depends on your sound taste.

Can you share your Reflector source?
I want to buy a pair from a reputable source for my Inpol. Right now I am using a pair of Masushita tubes and also have a pair of Siemens.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jan 2, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #572 of 694
The Silver Dragón in my opinion is the right cable for the 2022. It will provide more “life” to them. The Lazili Reference is a Copper cable so it might be a little too warm for the 2022. It all depends on your sound taste.

Can you share your Reflector source?
I want to buy a pair from a reputable source for my Inpol. Right now I am using a pair of Masushita tubes and also have a pair of Siemens.
I bought them from Watford Valves here in the UK. I bought a matched pair and have been very pleased.
Watford Valves have been going for ages, every member of my band bought valves from them for their tube guitar amps as I did too.

Jan 3, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #573 of 694
I bought them from Watford Valves here in the UK. I bought a matched pair and have been very pleased.
Watford Valves have been going for ages, every member of my band bought valves from them for their tube guitar amps as I did too.
Oh my god.........I totally regret visiting Watford Valves now.........

Jan 3, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #574 of 694

Running the Lazuli Reference with 2022's (coming from the OG Utopia) and I still think they sound fantastic together. I don't think I can justify upgrading the cable given how great the pairing sounds as is.

Jan 7, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #575 of 694
Thinking to purchase an inpol remix to connect also the pre out to my Adam tensor..
now I m a bit puzzled if focus to the headphone amplifier for the 1266tc, utopia and th900, or inpol remix MK2 and connect the abyss to the speaker tap, that I like very much other than focal and fostex from the front..

Jan 13, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #576 of 694
I am thinking of listing my Pathos InPol Ear (purchased from Upscale Audio in May 2021) in the classifieds for sale. The color is Matte Metallic Black and it has been used *very sparingly* since purchase, so it is still in like new shape and comes with all original accessories (remote, a pair of tubes, a power cord, and original shipping box). This unit does not come with the HiDAC Mk2.

Please PM me with offers if interested before I list it officially in classifieds. Many thanks.

Jan 13, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #577 of 694
What amp are you using instead?

Jan 13, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #578 of 694
What amp are you using instead?
I am using a Niimbus US4 now along with the InPol Ear, which I also love to death. However, I'm thinking of trying something else and need the cash, and can't justify keeping everything, sadly.

Jan 17, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #579 of 694
Here is a question for which I haven't properly figured out an answer yet : Regarding output power and volume on this unit are some tubes better at cranking them up than others? I am currently using a pair of Amperex 6922 NOS tubes on the unit, and they sound pretty refined, but for hard to drive cans like the Susvara or the Abyss TC, I am finding that I have to crank the volume dial up almost to the maximum level in ordr to bring loudness to acceptable levels. If I remember correctly I haven't had to crank the volume this high with some other tubes I have used earlier on the unit. in order to achieve this same level loudness on the same headphones so what gives? Do some tubes produce more output power from the Pathos than others?

I am also noticing that these tubes have to go through a warm-up phase for at least 30 minutes or more in order to bring out all the finesse that each headphone is capable of, but that warm-up is not what I am asking about.

Apr 29, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #580 of 694
I have a number of 6922 driver tubes but the only others I've rolled in so far are pre 68 Seimens CCa Grey Shields. I don't remember the exact year of that pair. The grey shields are quite good, but my preferences are the 75. Reflektor silver shields. With the warmth provided by the Nordost Tyr 2 XLR's the overall presentation is rich, detailed and quite 3 dimensional. I love it!

To my ears and IMO one of the most important things a Pathos owner can do is to get some upstream warmth and richness in their setup chain. Just a tad change here or there can mean the difference between beautiful richness and detail or sibilance.
Excellent point about getting some upstream warmth into the chain. In my system all that was need was switching around power cords. Now it’s beautiful richness and detail!

Thanks 🙏

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #581 of 694
What an amazing amp!

Revisiting track after track, album after album - “Like a Prayer” has never sounded this good 😂 🤩

Apr 29, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #582 of 694
Excellent point about getting some upstream warmth into the chain. In my system all that was need was switching around power cords. Now it’s beautiful richness and detail!

Thanks 🙏
What power cord did you end up using to help get that richness and detail?

Apr 29, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #583 of 694
Apr 29, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #584 of 694

Thanks 🙏
So glad to hear you found that perfect combo for your ears & tastes! 🤙

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #585 of 694
My Zebrawood peels off overtime due to heat. Pathos Italy changed my casing because of this problem.
Hey Mickey,
How was your overall service experience with Pathos?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back