Pathos Inpol Ear Headphone Amplifier
Oct 15, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #346 of 701
An Auris Nirvana showed up in the classifieds section and was promptly sold. Were you the buyer?
I saw that too, and I was sorely tempted, but with tube gear, I'd just as soon spend more and buy from a dealer in case of problems or issues. Plus I didn't like the brown color that much. So I passed on that and ordered a new one from Moon Audio. Should show up next week!

Oct 15, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #347 of 701
An Auris Nirvana showed up in the classifieds section and was promptly sold. Were you the buyer?

No, I missed that...:frowning2:

Oct 26, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #348 of 701
I know I’m treading on dangerous audiophile territory here, but have any owners of the InPol Ear upgraded its fuse?

Oct 26, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #351 of 701
X

Oct 26, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #352 of 701
Is that a thing people do now??? I feel really out of the loop all of a sudden:sweat_smile:
Since I became an Audeze LCD-5 owner, I’m a believer. These headphones are so transparent that every little change I’ve made to my system, I can hear through the headphones. I just upgraded the fuse in the linear power supply feeding my server and endpoint, and it made a big difference. It’s definitely equivalent to a cable upgrade.

Oct 26, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #353 of 701
Since I became an Audeze LCD-5 owner, I’m a believer. These headphones are so transparent that every little change I’ve made to my system, I can hear through the headphones. I just upgraded the fuse in the linear power supply feeding my server and endpoint, and it made a big difference. It’s definitely equivalent to a cable upgrade.
Huh, I suppose I'll have to take your word on that, I'm at the point where I still have a pretty clear upgrade path so I don't have to try more esoteric upgrades *yet* but I guess I'll keep it in mind a year or two down the line lol.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #354 of 701
Finally found the right tubes for my InPol/LCD-5 combination! The NOS Philips Amperex ECC tubes that I found on eBay from the Herleen factory in the Netherlands are perfect. Warm and bassy in all the right ways. They are way too “tubey” sounding with my PS Audio AC-12 power cables, but that “tubiness” is nicely reined in with Cardas Clear Beyond XL power cables. When listening to the InPol with the Herleen tubes and my HE-1000SE, the bass is a little overpowering, but with the LCD-5’s accurately-tuned bass, it’s just perfect. Solid but not bloated at all.

I wasn’t sure the InPol could do “warm and bassy,” so this is a pleasant surprise.

Nov 24, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #355 of 701
LCD-5 will be available the following week here in EU. TY for the tube recommendation.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #356 of 701
The LCD-5 out of the InPol sounds as good as the Susvara but with better bass presence and a bit more prominence in the accompanying instrumentation around the midrange.
Susvara on the other hand really highlights the midrange by "fading" the accompanying instrumentation into the "background" slightly. But this is done in a very subtle manner and provides a different listening atmosphere especially for tracks that are acoustics or unplugged centric.

Nov 24, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #357 of 701
The LCD-5 out of the InPol sounds as good as the Susvara but with better bass presence and a bit more prominence in the accompanying instrumentation around the midrange.
Susvara on the other hand really highlights the midrange by "fading" the accompanying instrumentation into the "background" slightly. But this is done in a very subtle manner and provides a different listening atmosphere especially for tracks that are acoustics or unplugged centric.

Which tubes are you using in your setup?

Nov 24, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #358 of 701
Which tubes are you using in your setup?
Mid 60s Siemens
11465463.png

Nov 25, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #359 of 701
Finally found the right tubes for my InPol/LCD-5 combination! The NOS Philips Amperex ECC tubes that I found on eBay from the Herleen factory in the Netherlands are perfect. Warm and bassy in all the right ways. They are way too “tubey” sounding with my PS Audio AC-12 power cables, but that “tubiness” is nicely reined in with Cardas Clear Beyond XL power cables. When listening to the InPol with the Herleen tubes and my HE-1000SE, the bass is a little overpowering, but with the LCD-5’s accurately-tuned bass, it’s just perfect. Solid but not bloated at all.

I wasn’t sure the InPol could do “warm and bassy,” so this is a pleasant surprise.
Do you have a link to those tubes?

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #360 of 701
Do you have a link to those tubes?
Unfortunately, that was the last set that the eBay seller had of those tubes. Here is a screenshot of the ad for the tubes. I hope it’s helpful.

E64B5AD9-3DDD-4E6B-878F-3778CE7A5BF1.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back