PassLabs Amp Camp Kit Preorders Available Until May 14
May 9, 2018 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HiGHFLYiN9

Member of the Trade: Zynsonix
Pre-orders for the new Amp Camp kit are available until May 14th. I've been waiting patiently for the kits to be restocked for what seems like forever now, and just got the notification last night.

The Amp Camp Amp is designed by Nelson Pass and is an incredibly simply build ... less than 30 parts per channel, and puts out 7 watts of Class A per side, or can be bridged for 15 watts single ended or 20 watts balanced.

The kit with PCB, parts, chassis and power supply is $317, so the price should be accessible for most. If you're interested, I recommend acting quickly as the last set of kits were sold our for quite some time.

DIYAudio Store

14PJtzv.jpg

Please note I am not affiliated with the DIYAudio Store in any way, just sharing with fellow DIYers.

Aug 12, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #4 of 7
Well my ACA kits arrived and I got one finished already. Listened briefly and it sounds nice single ended, haven’t tried balanced.
Only issue is weird noise though the speaker when it powers on and I used too much of the heavy gauge wire and had to steal some from my other kit.

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 7
If you need more I likely have some extra. I got my pair of kits but I'm trying to finish up a feisty OTL headphone amp and get out some client orders first. The chassis looks great I thought.

Regarding the noise on power on, you might want to ask on DIYAudio if using an inrush limiter would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back