Parkour and Freerunning-Fi
Apr 17, 2013 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gopanthersgo1

Headphoneus Supremus
[COLOR=e81123]Parkour and Freerunning-FI![/COLOR]
Hey guys, another new thread, this time for the discussion of the sports of Parkour and Freerunning! :D I've been wanting to get into this hobby for a while, and I'll need to be doing a sport if my parents will let me do PE instead of athletics (The sports don't interest me, and I don't find it worthwhile), so I decided to start trying this. I don't have any knowledge on how to do any of it, so I'll need some help here. [rule]
This thread is also created for the others on Head-Fi who are into this sport, as I saw one today, and one a few months back, and decided to make this thread for the generally discussion of the sport as well, so feel free to post any pictures, videos, and general chat of what you have been doing lately. [rule]
I have been running lately to try to get better at the basics, but is limited to half an hour after school each day. I've been thinking of going to a gymnastics class to help learn how to do some of the stuff. I'm physically built pretty well, so that's a plus, but I don't have anywhere to practice at home since we live on a farm... :frowning2: [rule]
Also I've been looking for shoes for this sport, the OLLO Sapiens have caught my eye for a while, I might order them sometime this week. :wink: [rule]
Thanks for the help and happy discussion!
Panthers-kun

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 6
bump

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #3 of 6
It's a fascinating thing to behold, but I am not one who does it (too old/out of shape). I really first became aware of it from the scene in the James Bond movie a few years back....

Apr 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #5 of 6
Used to freerun. Then got rid of the running bit and moved to tricking. I'll try and record some videos or schiit.
Okay! Seems fun! :D I wish that I could do some of that, but I can't do a flip or anything... :frowning2:

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #6 of 6
I got in a pair of KO Gen2 today... I like them! They did feel awkward at first, but much better now. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back