Parametric EQ Foobar Plugin
Oct 14, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 16
Yes, but the ones I know are VST. AirEQ is the best I've found so far. It sounds really good to my ears. It's a demo, but with the same SQ as the commercial version (which is $250 alone), and with some creativity you can make that demo quite functional. There are free VST plugins also, NWEQ for example is pretty good or at least give it a try.

You'll need with a VST bridge. Search for user "jiiteepee" on this board, all the software you need is in his signature.

However, finding the "right" setting for your ears and setup is a neverending quest, which I enjoy very much.

Good luck.

Oct 14, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #5 of 16
Oct 14, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphoner
I've been using the Electri-Q parametric equalizer with Winamp. This is a very good equalizer except for one big problem. I can only save one curve. Can you save many curves with the Shibatch?

You can save more than just one curve w/ Electri-Q (posihfopit edition) using export/import.

Also, you can use both, VST and Winamp version of Electri-Q w/ Winamp and Foobar (see my sig for needed additional components).

jiitee

Oct 14, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #7 of 16
I've been using NWEQ (a VST EQ) and it seems to be doing a good job. You can't save multiple settings though. I might try something else though if there's some dominant recommendations here.

Oct 14, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee
You can save more than just one curve w/ Electri-Q (posihfopit edition) using export/import.

Also, you can use both, VST and Winamp version of Electri-Q w/ Winamp and Foobar (see my sig for needed additional components).
jiitee

Thanks for the info. Export/import works well for saving.

Oct 15, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenja
I've been using NWEQ (a VST EQ) and it seems to be doing a good job. You can't save multiple settings though. I might try something else though if there's some dominant recommendations here.

Try AirEQ. At similar settings IMO it gives less noise than NWEQ and is less metallic at the top. I guess I have to test those aginst with spectrum analyzer to be certain, but for now I'm playing with AirEQ.

Oct 15, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabi
There's Shibatch's Super EQ for Winamp.
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=4591
You can use it with Foobar after you install the Winamp DSP Bridge @ http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/dsp.php#149

I just tried Shibatch. When using the parametric equalizer, it doesn't show you the curve your are creating. At least, I couldn't figure out how to see a curve. But Electri-Q shows you the curve. This is a big advantage of Electri-Q.

Oct 15, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphoner
I just tried Shibatch. When using the parametric equalizer, it doesn't show you the curve your are creating. At least, I couldn't figure out how to see a curve. But Electri-Q shows you the curve. This is a big advantage of Electri-Q.

It's debatable wheather the lack of spectrum curve is advatage or disadvantage. Indeed, many professional PEQ products have no graphic interface. Problem is one tends to try to make the curve look "good" rather than concentrating on the sound - which is the only thing that really matters. I felt the same way at first, but recently I started to appreciate the lack of curve. And you can allways add VU-meter plugin to control the headroom (which I do), or FIR plugin if you insist.

Oct 16, 2006 at 9:10 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Also, you can use both, VST and Winamp version of Electri-Q w/ Winamp and Foobar (see my sig for needed additional components). jiitee

With Electri-Q, to save curves I export them and give them names. When I import a curve to, say, preset 26, which says "User" in the window, is there any way of importing the name of the curve so that the name appears in the window instead of "User"?

Oct 16, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #14 of 16
If you name the preset in preset selection box before exporting, you should see the given name appear when then later imprort.

eqnamesqu8.png

Because of the .e-q format is plain XML, you can edit those names using notepad (bolded text is the preset name):

[size=x-small] Code:

Code:
[left]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO8859-1" ?> <Electri-Q Version="AIXcoustic Electri-Q v1.5.6" Processing_Mode="Analog" Economy_Mode="Off" Bands="5" Channels="2" Channel_Link="Equal" Range="15" Analyser="none"> [b]SuperBoost[/b] <Left Bands="5"> <Filter_1 Frequency="20" Gain="9.36781597137451" Bandwidth="1" Type="Peak (RBJ)" Locked_Frequency="False" Locked_Gain="False" Locked_Q="False"> 1 </Filter_1> <Filter_2 Frequency="134.914916992188" Gain="0" Bandwidth="1" Type="CulteQ Peak" Locked_Frequency="False" Locked_Gain="False" Locked_Q="False"> 2 </Filter_2> <Filter_3 Frequency="455.050903320313" Gain="0" Bandwidth="1" Type="Transient LowShelf" Locked_Frequency="False" Locked_Gain="False" Locked_Q="False"> 3 </Filter_3> <Filter_4 Frequency="1534.82897949219" Gain="0" Bandwidth="1" Type="Transient LowShelf" Locked_Frequency="False" Locked_Gain="False" Locked_Q="False"> 4 </Filter_4> <Filter_5 Frequency="5176.783203125" Gain="0" Bandwidth="1" Type="Peak (RBJ)" Locked_Frequency="False" Locked_Gain="False" Locked_Q="False"> 5 </Filter_5> </Left> </Electri-Q>[/left]

[/size]

jiitee

Oct 16, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

If you name the preset in preset selection box before exporting, you should see the given name appear when then later imprort.

Because of the .e-q format is plain XML, you can edit those names using notepad (bolded text is the preset name):
jiitee

When I name the preset in the box (by double clicking to the left of the U on User) and then export (needing to write the name again in the export box), I can retreive with the name only the first of the curves I exported this way. The other named curves do not appear in the import box, just the first one.

Can you give more detail on using notepad for editing the names?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back