Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else
Sep 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #31 of 87
Thanks Bro! Those are things that I would like to hear.

Sep 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #32 of 87
The 560 with more open grilles sound about as natural as anything IMO. With the stock grilles they're a bit more aggressive and focused.

Sep 12, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #33 of 87
I've got the Slants, HE-560, and GO1000 (I've had all three for some time now).. I'll have thoughts and some quick comparisons later.. the GO1000 drives the Slants & HE-560 quite well.  For a couple of months (until my CTH was built.. and my H10 arrived), the GO1000 was the only DAC/amp I had for the 560/Slants.. and I was more than satisfied with the combo.  Aside from sheer volume (the GO1000 has no problem getting both phones to ear splitting levels), the GO1000 offers some very impressive driver control, staging, and smooth dynamics.

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #35 of 87
I'm getting my slants this week in the mail. Ordering my project polaris amp and UD120 DAC wednesday. So excited!

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #37 of 87
  So did you get these things yet or what? :)

No, never got them, never heard back.  So did he have 6 black pair painted and ready to finish back when he reserved me a pair.  After not hearing back for three weeks plus, I purchased the ZMF X Vibro, really glad I did.  Not looking back, just telling my experience, poor customer service!

Oct 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #38 of 87
That was directed at the last post, from the OP. I didn't even see you post on this thread, so not really sure why you replied as such. Of course you're free to give your experience, but the general consensus of dealing with Luis seems to be the opposite of yours, so I can't help but wonder if you're deflecting an issue that you're responsible for causing.

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #40 of 87

No, never got them, never heard back.  So did he have 6 black pair painted and ready to finish back when he reserved me a pair.  After not hearing back for three weeks plus, I purchased the ZMF X Vibro, really glad I did.  Not looking back, just telling my experience, poor customer service!

Terribly sorry you feel that way. I really do strive to do my best at communicating with everyone, whether it's a question about headphones or not. 

I was unable to respond to your post on the other thread. That said, I did email you for payment (5 days after the previous one) and didn't hear back from you. I'm not one to push anything on anyone, so I figured you simply didn't want them anymore - which is totally ok. No harm, no foul - but I did keep my word. 
normal_smile .gif

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #41 of 87

Terribly sorry you feel that way. I really do strive to do my best at communicating with everyone, whether it's a question about headphones or not. 

I was unable to respond to your post on the other thread. That said, I did email you for payment (5 days after the previous one) and didn't hear back from you. I'm not one to push anything on anyone, so I figured you simply didn't want them anymore - which is totally ok. No harm, no foul - but I did keep my word. 
normal_smile .gif

How could you tie my email account to my headfi account, without knowing?  Anyway, what was the date of the second email 5 days later, an email I never received?  I moved on after waiting three weeks for an email requesting payment for them, and that they were ready to ship.....didn;t happen sorry!

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #42 of 87
Easy...you're the only one I told I had 6 sets at the time and you're the only who didn't make an immediate payment. 

As I said previously, I'm sorry you feel that way, but I did email you and simply assumed you no longer wanted them. I'm not an aggressive salesman, so I took your silence as simply not wanting them anymore. I'm happy you moved on and found something to keep you happy. 
normal_smile .gif

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #43 of 87
  How could you tie my email account to my headfi account, without knowing?  Anyway, what was the date of the second email 5 days later, an email I never received?  I moved on after waiting three weeks for an email requesting payment for them, and that they were ready to ship.....didn;t happen sorry!

I have no knowledge of what really happened, but I can certainly vouch for Luis and his customer service. My experience has been nothing but stellar.

For some reason, Luis was prevented from posting on Head-Fi a while back, so during that time, he would have no way to post or PM on Head-Fi. Glad he's been reinstated now. 

As far as not receiving e-mails, it happens to me all the time using just a Gmail account. People e-mail me and I never get them. I e-mail people and they never get it, etc. We all know that the reliability of e-mail with spam filters, security software, etc. is sketchy at best. So I think saying that if you didn't get and e-mail, it was never sent is not 100% true. All you can say for sure is that you never received the e-mail. 

It's unfortunate it didn't work out for whatever reason, but I don't want anyone else to get the idea that Luis has anything but great customer service.

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #44 of 87

Enjoy your Alpha Dogs mate. Sorry you couldn't get your Slants due to an e-mail misunderstanding.

Oct 21, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #45 of 87
Happens to me all the time at work that I send an email and don't get a response or that I respond and hear nothing back... I always follow up a couple days later just in case.  If it happens multiple times with the same person, that's when I start to see them as unreliable.  This just seems like an isolated incident (whatever the cause.)  

It is also promising that the only time you didn't hear back was before he took your money.  The cottage companies on HF with the real bad service are the ones who go radio silent when they have your cash and have lead times that end up being "give or take" 12 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back