Paradigm PDR-8 Subwoofer
Feb 23, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #16 of 20
If you don't mind doing a DIY sub, you could get a 10 or 12" driver from www.partsexpress.com or another website like them and buy a sub plate amp (like 130 bucks) and just get a slab of wood and make a box big enough, you could make a sealed one...they're easy to make and sound good. Depending on how big it would be, probably 2 up to 4 sq ft...depends on your driver though. Anyway, it'd be like ~320 bucks depending on the equipment you have (they can cut it "not that accurately" at home depot, etc...and get MDF)

or you could just buy a sub.

Feb 23, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
If you don't mind doing a DIY sub, you could get a 10 or 12" driver from www.partsexpress.com or another website like them and buy a sub plate amp (like 130 bucks) and just get a slab of wood and make a box big enough, you could make a sealed one...they're easy to make and sound good. Depending on how big it would be, probably 2 up to 4 sq ft...depends on your driver though. Anyway, it'd be like ~320 bucks depending on the equipment you have (they can cut it "not that accurately" at home depot, etc...and get MDF)

or you could just buy a sub.

Hehe, not much of the DIY guy...since I have no time. Literally. It's 12:17am, and I'm in the EE lab, working on my processor.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinchyCM
What do u guys think of the PDR10 then?

I was thinking about getting one off Audiogon or something. What do u think a lightly used one is worth?

If you can find the PW2100 v4 used you would be better off, thats just IMHO. I did not like any of the PDR series for music.

Feb 24, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmo
If you can find the PW2100 v4 used you would be better off, thats just IMHO. I did not like any of the PDR series for music.

Those retail for a lot more than I can even afford, used.

I'm looking for a small set (bookshelves and sub) for about 500-600 dollars. I found a PDR10 for 225.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back