Paradigm PDR-8 Subwoofer
Feb 22, 2005 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

PinchyCM

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys and gals,

How is a Paradigm PDR-8? I'm new to the HT thing, and I'm looking for something that's a good bang for the buck. Not looking for anything big, infact...I was looking at a small Dayton before. I plan to use it with a set of Paradigm Atoms or Titans.

EDIT: How about the PDR-10?

Feb 22, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #2 of 20
I say nay on account of it being a relatively inexpensive commercial subwoofer of only 8". That can't be good news.

Feb 22, 2005 at 3:10 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinchyCM
Hey guys and gals,

How is a Paradigm PDR-8? I'm new to the HT thing, and I'm looking for something that's a good bang for the buck. Not looking for anything big, infact...I was looking at a small Dayton before. I plan to use it with a set of Paradigm Atoms or Titans.

I bought a Paradigm PDR8 when I got my monitor 5s couple of years ago -- I took the PDR8 back 2 weeks later. Not a very good sub imho, you can spend a lil more and get a much better one, Paradigm PDR series is not good for music at all.

Feb 22, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #7 of 20
how about on a budget?
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2005 at 11:32 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

thanks for the comments. how does it compare to say, like a klipsch ultra MM sub?

this is for a PC. any other subs in the paradigm line that's good? i like things to match, haha.

If you can get a used PW2100 or 2200 Paradigm sub, that would be good, those are well priced.

But, you are really outshining your bookshelves here with a sub, your looking at atoms or titans, I would consider something like the Axiom M22Tis, paired with a sub those bookshelves really sound good, I'm not sure what your overall budget is, if you give us a total price might be able to help yah out, I would recommend something like what I have, but add a nice sub.

Feb 23, 2005 at 12:49 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

aroudn 500-600 for the bookshelves and a sub.
how much do a set of paradigm titans go for new?

Don't know for sure right now, but a few years back, about $170 for a new pair of Titans in a FL authorized dealer:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...0&postcount=14

I have a PDR-12, the combo with the Titans is very nice for the mid-size living room I had. I wouldn't recommend the PDR-8 though, probably too small a driver to get low enough and to be a good match for the Titans. Depending on room size, within the Paradigm brand and within budget I'd rather suggest the PDR-10 or PDR-12. Those subs don't have phase adjustment though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back