Panasonic SL-S150
Feb 18, 2003 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

sony_md

Head-Fier
I have an old(probably pre-1993) PCDP from Panasonic, the model name is SL-S150. Any body has the specification or manual for this unit? I'm asking here because there is a hole on the back of the unit right beside the DC-in jack which I don't what it is, it looks like a screw hole for external connection, but I'm sure it's not for a battery case, cause the AA battery compartment is built within at the bottom of the unit.

If anyone can point it out or provide a link, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks!

Feb 18, 2003 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by sony_md
I have an old(probably pre-1993) PCDP from Panasonic, the model name is SL-S150. Any body has the specification or manual for this unit? I'm asking here because there is a hole on the back of the unit right beside the DC-in jack which I don't what it is, it looks like a screw hole for external connection, but I'm sure it's not for a battery case, cause the AA battery compartment is built within at the bottom of the unit.

If anyone can point it out or provide a link, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks!

Perhaps the hole is for an external battery pack or the car mounting kit. Anyway, I'll look for it, okay? I promise.

10 minutes later...

Nope, didn't find a thing, but I'll bet that hole is for the purposses I mentioned. Just to be sure, can you post a picture of your player?

Feb 18, 2003 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 15
thanks onix.
the battery compartment is built in, which holds 2 AA battery. it'd be weird and pointless to hook up another external battery pack...
anyway, I will put up some pics of the unit tonight when i get home.

Feb 18, 2003 at 10:11 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by sony_md
it'd be weird and pointless to hook up another external battery pack...

Not really, some Panasonic players use an external battery holder in order to increase playng time. In any case, I am leaning to the posibility that hole is for screwing the player to the car mounting kit. Panasonic loves to use a screw up method in order to secure the players. But I'll be sure when I see the pictures. Take care and good luck.

Feb 19, 2003 at 12:15 AM Post #5 of 15
The mystery hole is at the right side of line out and DC in.
This is a very old player, it uses 8 times oversampling

DCP_0002.JPG

DCP_0003.JPG

DCP_0004.JPG

DCP_0006.JPG

DCP_0007.JPG

DCP_0008.JPG

Feb 19, 2003 at 7:39 AM Post #8 of 15
I would ALMOST be inclined to guess that the hole that you're referring to would fit a mounting plate for use in a car..

While I've never actually seen a mounting plate, I know a lot of the old Sony's (and I'm assuming Panasonic's) had mounting plates...

Could be wrong, though..

Feb 19, 2003 at 8:07 AM Post #9 of 15
maybe is an old-school wired remote (sony style)??

it could be a car mount device..???

or perhaps a screw thead for a hard cover (d-35 style)???

do not forget the interesting possibility of the hole being a docking station connection (d-5 style)

for sure. i know..... that I have no clue..
tongue.gif

m.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 19, 2003 at 8:13 AM Post #10 of 15
maybe its for a belt clip thing. I think thats what its for, since i got model slr-200. great cdplayer.

You got three pictures that showed the same front face, maybe you can get a shot of the insides by having the lid open.

hehhe--i wonder why people dont shoot pictures of the laser lens. (does that damage it?)

Feb 19, 2003 at 2:42 PM Post #11 of 15
thanks ppl for all the ideas.
i just opened the battery lid on the back, and know what? i can see the hole from the inside view at the big angle. LOL
so the hole does not do anything electrical, looks like it must be for one of the use you guys mentioned. not sure which one though.
I think the most probability is for extra external battery case(although it never came with one), cause from the view angle of inside, the hole looks like very close to the positive pole of one of the AA battery. it's not likely for a car mount hole, why?
biggrin.gif
the unit sitting on a desk even skips if i hit the desk, and it has to be handled in slow motion...
rolleyes.gif

Feb 19, 2003 at 8:23 PM Post #12 of 15
This is Pana.'s reply to my request for a manual:

Quote:

We're sorry but that manual is not available in an on-line format. Please call 800-833-9626 for other options.

PASCWEBMASTER

That means it'll cost you.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #14 of 15
I tried lubing mine a month ago but that didn't fix it at the time. Tonight I took it out for the heck of it and it worked for a few hours again. Seems to synergize with some of my headphones very well. Analog-like. Perhaps the 2 Dac method has something to do with that or the headphone jack on it, which is very smooth and quiet. Wish I could get it working again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back