Panasonic RP-HTX7.... I am totally amazed.
Jan 13, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #46 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't find most Grados bright, particularly not the MS1s. But I did find the RP-HTX7 harsh in the highs. It's freq response seemed very 'V' shaped, flabby bass, harsh highs and lacking in the mids.

Stock K81DJs seemed a little too bassy for me but fairly balanced in mids and highs. After removing the foam insert they were perfect to me, tightened up bass, strong mids and slightly sparkly highs, almost like closed MS1s.

It seems like I should like the RP-HTX7 sound, maybe I got a bad pair...

Just pulled a trigger on these panies...Having owned K81DJ for a year, I just wanted to see if there's a worth competitor under $100 closed headphone market. Matter of fact even cheaper than the AKG.

Wwoww, buy.com with google check out costed me only $32. I'll keep this in my mind to compare with $70 K81dj.

Jan 13, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #47 of 93
I hope you like them BigD. I guess my pair has racked on around 100 hours of burn in and my impressions are about the same. I don't think sibilance is as noticable as before. The highs are still a bit bright, but anybody who owns bright cans like a pair of 325i's should be able to handle these fine. The mids are still slightly recessed, but I think most people coming from stock/lower end headphones won't even notice the problem.

Jan 14, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #48 of 93
After reading pretty much the whole thread on the AKG 81 DJ headphones I thought I was sold...but now I saw this thread. I can get the AKG 81 DJ for $57 with the $10 off for the google check out thing...so..there isn't a huge differnce in price between these two headphones for me.

Some people seem to be saying that these headphones are only good with an amp while others just they they completely kill the AKG 81...I like how these one look...but, i've heard tons of good thigns about the AKG 81 DJ's.

I don't mind spending the extra money on the AKG 81 if they are slightly better...

Jan 14, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #49 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you like them BigD. I guess my pair has racked on around 100 hours of burn in and my impressions are about the same. I don't think sibilance is as noticable as before. The highs are still a bit bright, but anybody who owns bright cans like a pair of 325i's should be able to handle these fine. The mids are still slightly recessed, but I think most people coming from stock/lower end headphones won't even notice the problem.

I always thought Grados were bit bright for my taste, but if these panies are as fast pace and forward sounding like MS1 or SR125...I'm willing to make trade off for fun groovy aspect.

I noticed these phones are not foldable thus k81 has an edge in portability. I really like the retro look of these cans. I CANT wait.

Jan 15, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #50 of 93
i have both the ms1 and htx7, and i'd say that the alessandro justifiably costs twice as much as the panasonic. pardon me for my inferior technical expressions, but with regards to the comparison of being forward sounding, ms1 still stands unrivalled. i just feel i'm in the midst of the music with alot of presence, esp in rock and lively music. this is not to say i'm particularly critical of the htx7, but perhaps for it being closed, i do feel i'm further away from the music. maybe this suits classicals more.

with regards to fast sounding, i feel good knowing that i'm not the only one feeling that somehow ms1 presents the music at a seemingly higher tempo. after listening to some retro disco music on the htx7, i switched to ms1 and everything just gets more intense. livelier and faster. i'm now reminded of people using the term "decay", could it be what i'm experiencing here?

the first thing that the htx7 caught my eye with was its aesthetics. nice retro design. however i was momentarily shocked when i looked at the mirror with it being donned on my head, cos the metal frame of the headband is very wide, giving me a girlish feel somehow lol. mine's the cream colour, so the driver cups do seem like semi-eggs cupping my ears lol. one esp good thing about this set of phones is the comfort. the drivers cup the ears very nicely.

when i wear the htx7 outside, i think i look like a pilot lol. on those days when i'd like to take a break from iems.

Jan 15, 2007 at 11:29 AM Post #51 of 93
Can someone make some pics, because i wanna know how big it is
rs1smile.gif

because i dont like big headphones.. otherwise im gonna buy the Audio-Technica ATH-SJ5 (http://www.audiocubes.com/category/H...eadphones.html)

Jan 25, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #54 of 93
Anyone got a line on these for a way to ship to Canada?

Not sold here and I can't find a website that will ship.

Jan 25, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #55 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corpdan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone got a line on these for a way to ship to Canada?

Not sold here and I can't find a website that will ship.

Audiocubes.com has the RP-HTX7 and will ship to Canada. Head-fi sponsor and very reliable. They will mark it as a gift to save on fees, but not too sure; thought I read it somewhere. But most of all they don't use GAYPS Canada; they send via Global EMS which is fast, and much less of a hassle since it comes through Canadapost.

Jan 25, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #56 of 93
Here's a pic of mine. I think in regards to someone looking for them to compete or better the ms-1, you're barking up the wrong tree with budget closed cans. The ms-1 is open so it has a lot more going for it sonically. Of course a closed headphone can better the ms-1, but you'll have to fork over the coin to do it. I think what a lot of people mean when they through around that "closed ms-1" is that like the ms-1, they have a fun forward sound with enough detail to matter, and like the ms-1, they don't suck.

As you can see, the beige pair matches my bag.
smily_headphones1.gif

img_0591.png

Jan 26, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #57 of 93
They have em for 60, thats 20 more that everywhere else.

Any other links to good places that sell headphones?

Jan 26, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #59 of 93
Anything else good there while I'm paying for shipping? They have a ridiculous amount of stuff....

BTW, UPS Ground to canada is trash----- due to brokerage cost

UPS Canada Express, however, if FANTASTIC and DESTROYS anything Canadapost has to offer. Pricier, but the level of service is incredible.... AND NO BROKERAGE TO CANADA

Jan 26, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #60 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by sayrum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how's the detail on these?
i'm looking for a can to replace my ath ck7 + i love their detailed precise sound...
(but sibilance aint my cup of tea either.)

The HTX7 present similiar detail as my Shure E500 (ok, maybe just a bit less). Is a bit sibilant at times. Mids is ok. Bass amount is decent, thought maybe a bit uncontrolled at time. Overall they're enjoyable and very good for their price. (I got the HTX7 plus a mini camera tripod for about $37 shipped at buy.com with google check out discount).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back