Panasonic RP-HTF600-S
Feb 19, 2012 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

stealthmedal

New Head-Fier
Does anyone know how to open these headphones? I'm thinking about modding these in the future, but before I continue I would like to know that I can at least open them. LOL. If you can help me in any way please post! I love these headphones although they leak quite a bit.

Feb 19, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
Does anyone know how to open these headphones? I'm thinking about modding these in the future, but before I continue I would like to know that I can at least open them. LOL. If you can help me in any way please post! I love these headphones although they leak quite a bit.

I think to open them you would possibly ruin them. There are no screws underneath any of the foam and I think everything is held together by plastic clips/tabs.

Also..if you remove the foam it's almost impossible to reinstall it you are very careful in removing it.

Feb 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 7
Put a screwdriver (or something flat enough) in between the earpads and the chrome lining on the cups, then pull upwards lightly... it'll open without damaging anything. The pads/driver baffle snap back in through these 4 tabs you'll see after disassembling them.

If you're careful while removing the foam disk, you can glue it back if you don't like the effect on the sound (doubt it)

Feb 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Thank you so much! You guys are awesome! Wow! Do you guys have any recommendations for cans around this price range?

If you are looking for alternatives to the Panasonics, look at the Superlux 681, JVC HARX700, and maybe the Samson 850, though it might be a bit more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back