Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Stereo Headphones vs Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Headphones
Dec 21, 2011 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

H34DPH0N3Z

New Head-Fier
I made a thread earlier wondering what headphones I should get for under $80. So far, I am considering these two. One is cheaper, and one looks ULTRA comfy with heavy bass. What do you think I should get? And what in the world is an amp for your headphones?

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #2 of 3
What source(s) are you going to be plugging the headphones into?

Both the Sony and the Panasonic work fine without a headphone amplifier.
But using a headphone amplifier with them will help them sound better.

The Panasonic RP-HTF600-S, with Beyerdynamic EDT 200 Velour pads is just about the best bang for the buck headphones you can get.
I do enjoy wearing them, nice sound and nice bass.

If i had a brand new pair of Sony XB500s, I would sell them to MalVeauX for $10 and we would both think we got a good deal out of it.
That's how little I like the Sony XB500s.
I do not like the XB500s bass or vocals and i think the ear pads are too mushy.

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 3
Personally speaking, I found the HTF600 to be the superior headphone to the XB500. The XB500 had more bass quantity at stock and required a lot of equalization to start sounding less overpowering. The XB500's bass was a lot tighter than my HTF600s, but the mids and highs were just lacking in comparison.

Basically, I find the HTF600s to be the much better entry level basshead headphone, while I can't give the XB500s my recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back