PANASONIC RP-HNJ50 vs Sony MDR-EX81LP, which one is better?
Jan 8, 2006 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

noktekniq

New Head-Fier
PANASONIC RP-HNJ50 [neckstrap version] vs PANASONIC RP-HJE50 [non-neckstrap version] vs Sony MDR-EX81LP
which one is better?

i like nice quality sound but only want to spend up to $40USD and nothing more. these seems to be about right.

need them to last with quality sound. please write some reviews or link me somewhere i can make some decision or tell me ur personal experience. thanks!

oh btw these will be used on ipodvideo.

Quote:

edited

Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
EDIT: Oh, never realized that Panasonic made a neckstrap version of the HJE50. Didn't realize till I saw the pictures.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by noktekniq
[size=large]haha lol thanks for pointing this out.! i meant to put in the poll of the non neckstrap version for the panasonic[/size]
eggosmile.gif

Jan 8, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #5 of 9
I've owned both pairs (well, EX71s, but they're about the same thing with EX81s), and the Panys have a listenable mid and high end, compared with the Sonys, which have a bloated bass, and shrill high end. Not to mention almost non-existent mids. The Panasonics are cheaper to boot too, + more durable, in my experiences.

Another recommendation is that even though you're spending $40, why not spend an extra $10? For $50, you can nab a pair of used Shure E2Cs, which are miles ahead in terms of SQ of both of these semi-canals.

EDIT: It's the Panasonic RP-HJE50, BTW.

Jan 8, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #8 of 9
I got a couple of questions:

1)What is a semi-canal phone?
2)Do you still hear things around you? (are they safe in a big city-i dont want a total seal).
3)Has anyone used these effectively while jogging?
4)Do either one of these have an even sided cord?

BTW-I think buying used IEMS is just gross...I got enough cheese in my fridge
eek.gif
I dont care if you can replace the flanges...

Jan 8, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
EDIT: Oh, never realized that Panasonic made a neckstrap version of the HJE50. Didn't realize till I saw the pictures.
rolleyes.gif

[size=large]haha lol thanks for pointing this out.! i meant to put in the poll of the non neckstrap version[/size]
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back