Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia Review
Nov 17, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #436 of 599

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I couldn't say if there was a noticeable change in sound with- and without the mesh in place. It's hard to AB-compare the sound once the mesh is off for good. The mesh should work as a mild acoustic resistor, but on the HJE it's rather coarse-meshed. Unfortunately I didn't pay much attention to it before I stuffed the foam down the nozzle.

Well said and I'll add that the added bass rawrster is getting is due to the RE filters actually acting out as a acoustic resistor, which the stock filters don't.. The stock filters are pretty irrelevant sound wise, they only protect the driver. 

Ive told Rawster this three times and he didn't believe me. The first time he said no they are filters, the second and third he went around it and ignored me. You can't tell some one what they don't want to hear. The mesh is only to protect the driver, Ive spoken to Panasonic twice concerning my return purchase, and each time they laugh and say it has nothing to do with the sound. It's the foam your putting in the nozzle that changes the sound.....whether regular or the RE filters that where the change comes from not a piece of mesh....wow. 

Wow easy.  Despite all that you can't discount the fact he may be hearing something you are not.  He is not the only one who reported hearing audible differences w/ the filter/mesh off.  

Nov 30, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #439 of 599

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I couldn't say if there was a noticeable change in sound with- and without the mesh in place. It's hard to AB-compare the sound once the mesh is off for good. The mesh should work as a mild acoustic resistor, but on the HJE it's rather coarse-meshed. Unfortunately I didn't pay much attention to it before I stuffed the foam down the nozzle.

Well said and I'll add that the added bass rawrster is getting is due to the RE filters actually acting out as a acoustic resistor, which the stock filters don't.. The stock filters are pretty irrelevant sound wise, they only protect the driver. 

Ive told Rawster this three times and he didn't believe me. The first time he said no they are filters, the second and third he went around it and ignored me. You can't tell some one what they don't want to hear. The mesh is only to protect the driver, Ive spoken to Panasonic twice concerning my return purchase, and each time they laugh and say it has nothing to do with the sound. It's the foam your putting in the nozzle that changes the sound.....whether regular or the RE filters that where the change comes from not a piece of mesh....wow. 

Wow easy.  Despite all that you can't discount the fact he may be hearing something you are not.  He is not the only one who reported hearing audible differences w/ the filter/mesh off.  

Weird I didn't see this post maybe because I consider this thread old  
rolleyes.gif
 Anyhow, maybe he was.....
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #440 of 599
Dfkt, can you please tell me if these would benefit from an amp, and if yes, which portable amp would you suggest?Thanks!

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #442 of 599

Quote:
They work perfectly fine without an amp on any quality MP3 player. I didn't notice any improvement with several amps, such as the Arrow 12HE or the Corda Headsix.

So thats means FiiO E5 would be no improvement whatsoever? :frowning2: cause im waiting for mine to come this week. I thought that it might improve the bass on my HJE that i find just a little bit lacking for my tastes, other than that i think its a great IEM :p

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #444 of 599
Darn... that upset me :frowning2: cause the HJE already hiss quite a bit on my Cowon, and since I found that Mach3 Bass preset sort of narrows down the soundstage I have made my custom EQ on which i left everything on flat and just played with the BBE effects and stuff, i have set mach3 bass all the way to 10 on that and a few other things. I find this eq improve the bass significantly but lets say if i jum on the same EQ from my Eterna to HJE it feels like the panas have very little bass in comparison :frowning2: Any suggestions for an IEM which would have all the characteristics of the HJE-900 and the bass pf Eterna? ;D or maybe even more of a sub bass than the mid bass of Eterna? :wink:
Edit: What is Wolfson hardware EQ ? o_O

Feb 23, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #446 of 599

Quote:
I just got mine and I'm a fan.. And dfkt is right.. More people needs to know about these babies! Don't be fooled by the Panasonic household name. Long live the HJE900! 
ksc75smile.gif

Even better.  They're actually Technics!

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #447 of 599

Quote:
I just got mine and I'm a fan.. And dfkt is right.. More people needs to know about these babies! Don't be fooled by the Panasonic household name. Long live the HJE900! 
ksc75smile.gif

can i ask how much & where u got ?    i cant find them with a reasonable price 
anyone knows a good deal ?  i want them for uk
*excuse my bad english*

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #448 of 599

Quote:

*excuse my bad english*

I got them at a discount for £95 from Amazon. I think that is a very reasonable price for these IEMs. As dfkt said, they can compete with other IEMs twice their price if you know how to appreciate the realistic sound that these IEMs produce. Hope you find a good deal for them 
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #449 of 599
You can try your luck in this auction but i donh know how much the auction will go up. I am outside the Uk so i cant bid.

Quote:

*excuse my bad english*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back