Panasonic RP-HJE900 filters fell out, problem?
Oct 25, 2010 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Armadillotime

New Head-Fier
Third day of having them. The small metal filter on the right earbud fell out and was lost in an attempt to glue it back into place. As I see it I have three choices:

1 Do nothing 

2 Send back headphones

3 Buy filtered eartips

I am leaning towards 3 at the moment because I was told that foam in the eartips would mellow some of the harsh highs that are a bit annoying sometimes. I am curious how important it is to have these filters, though there is a large hole left where things could get into the headphone.

Your thoughts, head-fi?

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
Third day of having them. The small metal filter on the right earbud fell out and was lost in an attempt to glue it back into place. As I see it I have three choices:

1 Do nothing 

2 Send back headphones

3 Buy filtered eartips

I am leaning towards 3 at the moment because I was told that foam in the eartips would mellow some of the harsh highs that are a bit annoying sometimes. I am curious how important it is to have these filters, though there is a large hole left where things could get into the headphone.

Your thoughts, head-fi?

send them back, especially since you just got them

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 5
I wouldn't worry about it. It's a common problem which is well known. You can either but some foam in there or just do nothing. You could alternatively buy filters from the RE0 or RE-Zero earphones from HifiMan but they come with ear tips as well and not the cheapest for filters so I''d put in some foam of some kind.

Oct 25, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 5
Do you have any experience with comply foam tips? They seem a bit pricey, but they have a foam filter and I am looking for a better seal anyway (medium tips are a little bit small, big ones hurt my ears after a while).

I have the number and address to send them back but it would be such a waste of a fine pair of headphones.

Oct 25, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 5
I tried today Comply foam for the first time, they are sooo comfy! But expensive too
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back