Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender?
Nov 7, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #212 of 217
First of, on removing the driver: it is not glued. They used some sort of rubbery-plasicky stuff which can be very easily removed. Start by scratching it a little with a small screwdriver and once you have something to pull off, it will come out in no time. And you'll end up with a nice, clean driver like this (full of dust, I know):
Panasonic driver.jpg

On EQ, especially for those just starting in this, still a bit random, world of audiophilia:
1. Let's get this out of the way first: you'll (still) find people against using EQ. I suggest that their reasons should only apply to you, if you hear something. I've tried for over 30 years to understand what could an EQ do to the music that is bad (I read some theory to do with the phase), and that I can hear, and not one of those against was able to point me to some specific musical examples, and I could never hear anything myself. Not saying that it's not true, but do not blindly believe it.
2. Your hearing is not linear, far from it! Not only that, but it depends heavily on the volume you listen at (search for "loudness"). And so, very surprising to me, most people focus on what the EQ can do to the playback curve of the headphones, completely disregarding their own hearing abilities. A "smart EQ", as I called it in my precedent post, does take into consideration what you can hear. Here is what the Adapt Sound feature I described earlier found that I can hear and what it did after applying EQ:

eq.jpg
Have

Note the vast differences at high frequencies between my ears - yes, I have tinnitus, especially in my right ear.
Have you ever measured what you can hear? Only then you can try to make the appropriate corrections.

I don't know what target curve Samsung uses, I looked for explanations online but I couldn't find anything. It looks to me that, probably because it's a phone, they favored the midrange. And I don't understand why the final curves are not the quite the same. It can't be a precision tool.

3. Besides what one can hear, objectively, measurably, one's sensitivities - what you care about, are also very important. And many of them can be educated. Besides paying attention when you listen, trying a multitude of headphones, amps, you could even use something like https://www.trainyourears.com/. I haven't done this and so I can't recommend it, but the point is that you can train your hearing.

Cheers everyone

Jan 12, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #214 of 217
Hi, I came across panasonic rp hd5's, that's the cheaper version of hd10 available for 50 dollars. Can someone suggest any forums or reviews regarding panasonic hd5's.
They're trash. Skip it.

Feb 15, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #217 of 217
I'm using it for country music. Is completely satisfied with the price of 150usd it brings. A thing it's really heavy. I can't wear it for long. It's suitable for fast music. As for loud, long-lasting music like symphony music, it will be chaotic.

20240130_133236-01-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back